DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash.. Gimbal doesn't work...any input?

BiggRedd

Reactions
I had my first crash today. Slowly flying sideways and clipped tree about 8 feet up, some twig size branches. Fell to the ground. Had to replace all props. Flys fine but gimbal doesn't work. Looked at it real close and can't find any broken pieces. Camera still works as far as showing an image but no movement. Readout on display on phone says "gimbal obstructed"... also "Aircraft motor overloaded, check whether gimbal clamp is removed". Any input?

I had my first crash today. Slowly flying sideways and clipped tree about 8 feet up, some twig size branches. Fell to the ground. Had to replace all props. Flys fine but gimbal doesn't work. Looked at it real close and can't find any broken pieces. Camera still works as far as showing an image but no movement. Readout on display on phone says "gimbal obstructed"... also "Aircraft motor overloaded, check whether gimbal clamp is removed". Any input?
Can you move the gimbal by hand gently? there may be a piece or debris in there, good luck.
Regards,
-d.

Sounds like you may have damaged the main gimbal motor ribbon cable.
It is on the right side of the upper part of the gimbal.
If the jolt from the crash was significant enough, It could tear or rip it.
This is one of the Mavics weakest areas and only can be repaired by DJI.
Hope you have refresh. Good luck..
You can check out this thread for more info. Post #16
Gimbal came off post crash

Last edited:
Reactions: icedid

Did you ever get this resolved?

Note to self: if you start a post, check often and provide feedback to conclusion; to hrlp other enthusiasts.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61