DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed and temporarily drowned Mavic - ESC error, Compass error, Gimbal status error

teamjim

Reactions
Hi, I did the unthinkable and crashed my Mavic. It hit a branch and that branch happened to be over water (3ft deep). I did miraculously manage to find the Mavic 20 mins later in the lake bed, SD footage fine and no visible damage.

It starts up fine, props wiggle, noise etc. here are the problems...

1. Compass calibration isn't happening
2. '3NO. ESC Error'
3. Under gimbal status - 'Gimbal cannot receive Main controller data'

Is this something I can fix myself or is it off to DJI? (Which I'm hearing is 8 weeks :-(

For whats its worth I would like to vent my frustration at CONSTANT messages about wind, battery etc etc coming up ALL THE TIME, I'm fairly certain the crash was due partially to that, partially to breaking up/glitchy of footage (even though it was easily in sight), and a small part my bad flying

For whats its worth I would like to vent my frustration at CONSTANT messages about wind, battery etc etc coming up ALL THE TIME, I'm fairly certain the crash was due partially to that, partially to breaking up/glitchy of footage (even though it was easily in sight), and a small part my bad flying

I think you need to man up a bit.. Warning messages really shouldn't make you crash, this sounds like 100% operator error to me. Sure they can be annoying but how can you blame them for making you crash? Apart from the wind warning, why were you even getting any other warnings if you were flying it sensibly?

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
Hi, I did the unthinkable and crashed my Mavic. It hit a branch and that branch happened to be over water (3ft deep). I did miraculously manage to find the Mavic 20 mins later in the lake bed, SD footage fine and no visible damage.

It starts up fine, props wiggle, noise etc. here are the problems...

1. Compass calibration isn't happening
2. '3NO. ESC Error'
3. Under gimbal status - 'Gimbal cannot receive Main controller data'

Is this something I can fix myself or is it off to DJI? (Which I'm hearing is 8 weeks :-(

If you have Care Refresh, then this is a good time to exercise it.

While I agree the messages are annoying, when they pile up it probably means you're stretching the string a little tight and it might lead to an accident. Oh - it did.

Reactions: Pedro
I hope you dried it for at least a couple of days in a desiccating environment with the battery removed. Otherwise,
Care Refresh here you come!

Reactions: HowSR
Im glad you were able to find it, that probably saved you a few hundred bucks.

Do you have refresh? Refresh's are taking around 4 weeks (depending on your location), they just swap it out with a new or refurbed bird. Remember to send them everything including battery, and you will probably get a refurbed bird back from them.

If youre not covered by Refresh or other insurance, repairs for me and others have been taking 6 weeks but Im on the east coast, so it takes the drone 8 days to get to Carson, Ca. If you are getting those error messages, its time to send it in.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929