DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed , bottom sensors to blame

I take it you were in tripod mode ?? Why do you think it was the bottom sensors ??

Sent from my SM-G925F using MavicPilots mobile app

I learned not to fly indoors. Tried it loads of times, unlucky this time lol. No tripod mode, front sensors and obstacle avoidance turned off , bottom sensors on. Lesson learned !

Reactions: rcheli9
I presume it was locating the landing zone with vision sensor.
Where was the landing zone? Outside?? Was the drone in your control, or did you enable an automatic feature (auto land, RTH)? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, because in the video, it looks like pilot error. Perhaps you can upload logs that indicate the sensors malfunctioned? If there was dirt on the sensors, it could cause the Mavic to fly vertically, but not horizontally. If the floor doesn't have a distinct pattern, that could cause it to 'drift', but it wouldn't accelerate on its own like that... not typically anyway.

To me that's not indicative of a sensor fail . . it looks like it just responded to a valid command. Logs should show that pretty clearly. . . awful small space to be flying in . . with nothing but obstacles around

Where was the landing zone? Outside?? Was the drone in your control, or did you enable an automatic feature (auto land, RTH)? I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, because in the video, it looks like pilot error. Perhaps you can upload logs that indicate the sensors malfunctioned? If there was dirt on the sensors, it could cause the Mavic to fly vertically, but not horizontally. If the floor doesn't have a distinct pattern, that could cause it to 'drift', but it wouldn't accelerate on its own like that... not typically anyway.

I think you had better give me the benefit of the doubt. I have been flying rc for 25 years jets warbirds etc. The last 3 years constant FPV quadcopters and aircraft, if i had made a wrong movement i would admit it. I took off from a red and black rug i am only using bottom vision sensors, i took off panned to right . I then panned to left as i did quad may have moved back seeing my sofa which is out of view in video. Anyway mavic just launched itself into wall breaking only props.

I think you had better give me the benefit of the doubt. I have been flying rc for 25 years jets warbirds etc. The last 3 years constant FPV quadcopters and aircraft, if i had made a wrong movement i would admit it. I took off from a red and black rug i am only using bottom vision sensors, i took off panned to right . I then panned to left as i did quad may have moved back seeing my sofa which is out of view in video. Anyway mavic just launched itself into wall breaking only props.
Panning left should definitely not introduce a forward command but how would lower sensors (camera or Ultrasound) do that unless it was some sort of software loop that got confused. Can you upload the log? or tell us what you see in it.

Panning left should definitely not introduce a forward command but how would lower sensors (camera or Ultrasound) do that unless it was some sort of software loop that got confused. Can you upload the log? or tell us what you see in it.
Will do. Where do i find it.

I think the reflection in the fireplace made the Mavic freak out.
45b36eaea33fed07b970caa46f50b49a.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: stresspro
Forward Vision sensors were said to be turned off, reflection is in front not under...

Last edited:
I've read some other accounts where when indoors, the Mavic switched itself from opti to gps and started trying to readjust its position. The flight log should show that change, if it occurred.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yes, Opti shows up only when there is enough light in the room for the sensors to work, changing lighting conditions as it flies is probably the culprit. Can one fly with no sensors on?

Reactions: Bikemonster
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute