DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic, Gimbal ripped off

Taylor

Reactions
Hey guys, I crashed my Mavic today into a tree and the Gimbal ripped off also ripping the ribbon. Any suggestions on how to proceed from here? drone still flys.

Reactions: Stealthmatt
Dont have refresh. Doesnt seem to hard of a fix since the machine is fine but not sure.

Krazy Glue

Attachments

• 76232951-3e7b-42bc-bcf1-a3c176b57188.png.w960.png
    76232951-3e7b-42bc-bcf1-a3c176b57188.png.w960.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 40
Thanks Dr. obvious

Guess you have 3 options:
1. Send it in for repairs to DJI.
2. Wait for the gimbal ribbon to show up on ebay (most likely a wait as its a relatively new part)
3. Fly it without the gimbal. But then what is the point.

Sorry about your crash it does suck losing the bird so soon... could happen to any of us.

Gutted for you about the crash!

You will not be able to buy the parts from DJI, ever, they are simply not going to allow people to fix them themselves. As mentioned your only chance is eBay for DIY but the chance of finding any parts on there in the next 6 months is also pretty unlikely. I would say your only option is to send it in for repair and take the hit unfortunately. Another thing to remember is that even though it only looks like the gimbal is damaged there may be other issues that resulted from the crash. Sending it to DJI you will get the full service where they will check everything to make sure it is all ok.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters