DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic in Holland what happend ?.

smokey55

Reactions
Hi All
I have had my mavic for a couple of months now and had great videos and pictures and great fun.
I was on holiday in Holland for a weekend and took my Mavic with me. I had a 10 minute flight around a wind mill and moved on. We stopped at another 3 windmills and I changed batterys to one I bought of ebay from china it was at 50% charge, I flew over the windmills got a few good pictures and videos . The battery warned me it was at 20% so I TOOK ANOTHER PICTURE THEN PRESSED RETURN HOME . The Mavic was returning home when it stopped about 50 feet away from me and hovered and did a wooble and fell straight to the ground. I was lucky as it landed on its back and only damaged a prop blade . Is there anybody can check out my flight to find out what went wrong ,As I SCARED TO FLY AGAIN TILL I FIND OUT MY PROBLEMS THANKS MARTIN.

Reactions: Former Member
50% first use , In my opinion those are bad signs right away. Never ever fly with a less than full battery.

Reactions: Former Member
50% first use , In my opinion those are bad signs right away. Never ever fly with a less than full battery.

?? Your battery is only full for the first minute even if it's fully charged. Sure, ideally you should try and start with a full battery to maximize flight time and have a better idea how much range you have but it's hardly a bad sign to have a quick flight with a half full battery.

For the op, if it was me, I'd take the mavic to an open park and just fly a full battery close to you and the ground just to make sure it doesn't replicate the issue and to build your confidence. I'm not sure if I'd use a cheap knock off battery on my mavic, I'd probably avoid saving money on that cos the risk is too high if it fails.

?? Your battery is only full for the first minute even if it's fully charged. Sure, ideally you should try and start with a full battery to maximize flight time and have a better idea how much range you have but it's hardly a bad sign to have a quick flight with a half full battery.

For the op, if it was me, I'd take the mavic to an open park and just fly a full battery close to you and the ground just to make sure it doesn't replicate the issue and to build your confidence. I'm not sure if I'd use a cheap knock off battery on my mavic, I'd probably avoid saving money on that cos the risk is too high if it fails.

Thumbswayup

Good advice. 3 things I dont try to save money on are batteries, props, and chargers. OEM all the way.

It was auto landing due to low battery until it completely lost power. It went from 13 to 2 percent power in under 15 seconds. Should have charged that battery first.

yeah, as stated above, you just ran out of juice.

looks like you started at 30% battery charge which is about a 6-7 min flight time best case scenario before its fully discharged.

30-25% took 1m29s
25-20% took 1m17s
20-15% took 1m5s
15-10% took 33s
10-5% took 4s
5-crash took 6s

RTH initiated at 15% after 3m53s and it crashed some 35s later. You got a total of 4.5 mins which is less than you would expect to get.

you could probably explain the much faster discharge rate in that final minute or so due to the fact that your speed picked up drastically during that time so its using alot more power than just hovering. i think you have every right to feel a bit annoyed that the battery didn't last about 1 minute or so longer but honestly you were pushing the envelope hard on a knock off battery which you hadn't really tested for reliability or quality of flight time.

consider it a lesson learnt and thank you're lucky stars that you weren't over water ! i have my battery warning set at 20% btw and pretty religiously RTH at that point.

Yes I was very lucky. I had a flight last night and everything went well. Thanks to everyone for your help cheers Martin.

Reactions: Chris.K
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143