DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic.....so embarrassed

Palmax123

Reactions
Hi guys

Ok so today was my turn to crash my bird.

Don't ask how please.

What I need to ask is if anyone has rebuilt a mavic from scratch?

My gimbal/camera is trashed and I would rather replace all chassis/casing parts.

What are your thoughts? Where do I start to purchase all needed parts?

I was brave enough to rebuild my P3P before but this little pocket rocket is so compact that I am a bit afraid to attempt it.

Thanks for any help.

You obviously downloaded the new app and firmware. That's why it crashed. Everybody on here is scared. Lol

I have seen parts available on eBay and Amazon. I know that it's no easy task to replace some parts. And I know the arms are not to hateful to replace.

The gimble is not to hateful to change, I tried to get some members to a answer me on 3rd party drone repair shops. But of course this is a online forum, no one is on it unless you are complaining, have a problem so I didn't get any response from them. When 10s of thousands are flying successfully they don't hang out here much.

Unless you have worked on a Mavic before, trying to fix it yourself can open a Pandoras box. If your gimbal is trashed, and your body is damaged, best send it to someone for an estimate so you can know where to begin to fix it and can get a parts list. The P3P parts are alot bigger than the Mavics and easier to work with, and getting the gimbal connectors on the Mavic to seat correctly takes the hands of a surgeon. I dont drink coffee on the days I have to work on gimbals.

I have stripped down and rebuilt more Mavics than I can count, and can help you out. I have every original Mavic part to rebuild a Mavic and can give you some pointers if you want to try it yourself.

Start a conversation with me if youre interested.

My parts supply and some tools I use to repair:

Mavics for parts.jpg Mavic gimbal repair tools.jpg

Hi guys

Ok so today was my turn to crash my bird.

Don't ask how please.

What I need to ask is if anyone has rebuilt a mavic from scratch?

My gimbal/camera is trashed and I would rather replace all chassis/casing parts.

What are your thoughts? Where do I start to purchase all needed parts?

I was brave enough to rebuild my P3P before but this little pocket rocket is so compact that I am a bit afraid to attempt it.

Thanks for any help.

You can't post that you crashed & not tell us how. It's a rule. We love embarrassing stories.

My kids asked me to try something with the Mavic........so as any dad I accepted the challenge.

They asked me to uncoil a toilet roll while send the drone up. Yes the toilet paper was attached to the drone. Needless to say they really enjoyed the site of sh1t paper go up into the sky.

All went well till I wanted to return home. Thats when the bird got tangled in the string that tied the paper and when down like a dead turd.

So thats my stupid story and it is the truth.

I will try send a shortened clip of the incident.

My kids asked me to try something with the Mavic........so as any dad I accepted the challenge.

They asked me to uncoil a toilet roll while send the drone up. Yes the toilet paper was attached to the drone. Needless to say they really enjoyed the site of sh1t paper go up into the sky.

All went well till I wanted to return home. Thats when the bird got tangled in the string that tied the paper and when down like a dead turd.

That my friend is an embarrassing story.
Next time say it as an attack from and Eagle or somethig :)

Thanks for sharing the story !

OMG... That has to be true. You cant make that stuff up!! Thunderdrones Is your man for getting it fixed right. He's helped me out. Thanks for being a GREAT dad and brave enough to share your story. Hope you get it back up soon, it's a like losing your best friend.

Unless you have worked on a Mavic before, trying to fix it yourself can open a Pandoras box. If your gimbal is trashed, and your body is damaged, best send it to someone for an estimate so you can know where to begin to fix it and can get a parts list. The P3P parts are alot bigger than the Mavics and easier to work with, and getting the gimbal connectors on the Mavic to seat correctly takes the hands of a surgeon. I dont drink coffee on the days I have to work on gimbals.

I have stripped down and rebuilt more Mavics than I can count, and can help you out. I have every original Mavic part to rebuild a Mavic and can give you some pointers if you want to try it yourself.

Start a conversation with me if youre interested.

My parts supply and some tools I use to repair:

View attachment 13772 View attachment 13773

That's awesome man, such a stock of drones, and a nice set of tools. I love working with my hands and used to fix old Xbox's for fun, but I wouldn't dare tinker in my mavic [emoji55]. Are you self taught or have you been doing this kind of this for a while?

That's awesome man, such a stock of drones, and a nice set of tools. I love working with my hands and used to fix old Xbox's for fun, but I wouldn't dare tinker in my mavic
emoji55.png
. Are you self taught or have you been doing this kind of this for a while?

Mostly self taught but with many great mentors along the road including my dad who owned an electronics shop after he got back from Vietnam. I started with a Cox .049 control line when I was a kid, and never looked back. I have been buying, selling, repairing and teaching RC for around 35 years.

Wow - never thought of that. The TP must have looked marvelous.

Mostly self taught but with many great mentors along the road including my dad who owned an electronics shop after he got back from Vietnam....

Wow dude, that's amazing. Love that you picked up your pops business in a way. Here's to hoping I never need your services, but if I do I sure know who to call.

Reactions: Former Member
OP did your heart skip a beat when you realized it was going down?

That will go down as one of the best crash stories anyone's ever posted. Thank's for folding to the peer pressure.

That is...fantastic.

Reactions: geigy
Hi Newnan3 I was watching it to try ensure I kept the Sh1t paper behind it. Then it happened, and I saw it spiral to the ground. Not a nice feeling seeing it go down. Please learn from my mistake and keep the SH1t paper in the Sh1t house. Lol

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3