Join Us Now

crashed my Mavic

wombat

Reactions
:( my fault, hit some branches, I know I did wrong.:(

what I would like to know is, see pics

pic1.jpg
pic2.jpg

It looks like the gray body is shoved up, not the black retaining clip shoved down. Take a good front-angle photo with the whole drone standing on the table. Does the nose of the body look level with the table?

I am so sorry, all I can contribute is to remove the props and turn it on to pan the gimbal and the tracking.
Regards,
-d.

The uneven tabs will make for a tilted horizon. The 4 inside gimbal holding screws might just need to be loosened which involves taking off the top cover, set the gimbal back in place straight if nothing inside is broken, tightening the 4 screws that hold the camera and gimbal in. If you dont want to do all that, just use the gimbal roll adjustment function in DJI Go every time you fly to straighten it out.

Keep an eye out for gimbal overload messages which might indicate more serious damage. Also listen for buzzing sounds coming from the gimbal motors.

Your right eye might have gotten scratched, so if you see any messages regarding front obstacle avoidance sensors error, they may have gotten damaged.

Hi Halley, Front on shot looks straight to me, see pic below.

Hi bunny, have done that and all is ok.

Hi Rob, I will keep an eye on your suggestions, I have started the Mavic up with the RC connected and Mini 4 screen and did not get any warnings, so keeping my fingers crossed that I have got away with it, much too windy to try a flight today, will do that soon, and I do not like the idea of flying indoors.

thank you guys for your feedback.

Pic3.jpg

The uneven tabs will make for a tilted horizon. The 4 inside gimbal holding screws might just need to be loosened which involves taking off the top cover, set the gimbal back in place straight if nothing inside is broken, tightening the 4 screws that hold the camera and gimbal in. If you dont want to do all that, just use the gimbal roll adjustment function in DJI Go every time you fly to straighten it out.

Keep an eye out for gimbal overload messages which might indicate more serious damage. Also listen for buzzing sounds coming from the gimbal motors.

Your right eye might have gotten scratched, so if you see any messages regarding front obstacle avoidance sensors error, they may have gotten damaged.

Hi Rob, thank you for your help, looks like I got off lightly OA is ok, no gimbal overload message, no buzzing from gimbal motors.

But the tilted horizon is a little bit out, how can I find out how to do the adjustment is DJI Go 4 ?

Do you know how much it would cost to have the gimbal set back in place ?

You can do it through DJI Go app under camera setting or you can use this shortcut:

Mavic Pro Gimbal Roll

To have the gimbal put back in place would probably just be a labor charge, but if you send it to DJI, be ready for them to pad the bill with some extra repairs they think are necessary. It would take me 15 minutes to fix. If you send it to DJI you will probably wait for 3 weeks for DJI to fix it then overcharge you.

You have refresh or not?

Reactions: wombat
I had the same make sure those tabs are put back under the frame and also check the the L shaped bracket attached to the rear of the gimbal is under the metal bar not sitting on top. This should fix your horizon issue and any jello effects after calibrating gimbal. Worked for me

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
You can do it through DJI Go app under camera setting or you can use this shortcut:

Mavic Pro Gimbal Roll

To have the gimbal put back in place would probably just be a labor charge, but if you send it to DJI, be ready for them to pad the bill with some extra repairs they think are necessary. It would take me 15 minutes to fix. If you send it to DJI you will probably wait for 3 weeks for DJI to fix it then overcharge you.

You have refresh or not?

Hi Rob, if I use the DJI Go or the link you supplied would I need to do that every time I fly ?

No I do not have refresh or DJI Care, purchased from JB HI FI here in Western Australia and they only wanted me to take out extra warranty and did not offer DJI Care, by the time I found out about the care plan it was too late to get it, not a problem there is a repair shop 30 mins from where I live, will have a word with them and get a quote, but before that will try your suggestions.

Don't know what us newbie UAV guys would do without guys like you, thank you.

Thanks guys for your help, I did the horizon with the DKI Go 4 app and it looks like it has done the trick and keep it in memory, have restarted a couple of times and checked the horizon and still at 04, seems to be holding that info.

OA is also ok, so it looks like I only got a few teeth broken ;) new decal on the way to me.

Reactions: Cyberpower678
@wombat could you please share the name of the repairer in Western Australia please? Have also crashed my drone into some sand and am after a quote to repair. Cheers.

@wombat could you please share the name of the repairer in Western Australia please? Have also crashed my drone into some sand and am after a quote to repair. Cheers.
I repaired my own mavic but you could try elk robotics in marine parade in Fremantle for a quote

Thanks @wombat. Will give him a call tomorrow!

I am sure they will help you out, btw I forgot to welcome you to this site so welcome, you will get some great help and info from here, great bunch of guys

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut