DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed the Mavic. Need help recovering corrupt MP4 please

Spinball

Reactions
Hello folks,
was flying a 'point of interest' with several safe rotations then clipped the TV aerial on our house. Mavic fell sideways down the chimney, slid down the roof and landed on paving slabs. The props are all ok, but the camera and gimbal are hanging off, so it's going to DJI in the Netherlands for repair. Stupid pilot error. The lesson being that the path in point of interest isn't necessaryly the same on each rotation.
I'd like to recover the MP4, which is corrupt because the battery popped out when the Mavic hit the deck.
None of the recovery software I've tried:
  • VLC player
  • Stellar Phoenix
  • Digital Video Repair (Risingresearch.com)
  • Video Repair (grauonline.de)
  • WinXDVD
can open the file. It must be really corrupt! Renaming to .AVI and doing a repair in VLC didn't work either.
Can anyone suggest other software I can try, please?
The file is here in case anyone wants to have a go.
DJI_0012.MP4
Much appreciated :)

Attachments

• P1020057.JPG
    P1020057.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 48
Hello folks,
was flying a 'point of interest' with several safe rotations then clipped the TV aerial on our house. Mavic fell sideways down the chimney, slid down the roof and landed on paving slabs. The props are all ok, but the camera and gimbal are hanging off, so it's going to DJI in the Netherlands for repair. Stupid pilot error. The lesson being that the path in point of interest isn't necessaryly the same on each rotation.
I'd like to recover the MP4, which is corrupt because the battery popped out when the Mavic hit the deck.
  • VLC player
  • Stellar Phoenix
  • WinXDVD
can open the file. It must be really corrupt! Renaming to .AVI and doing a repair in VLC didn't work either.
DJI_0012.MP4
You will need to place your MP4 back on the SD card and re insert it back into the mavic. Start another quick recording then stop.
This should close your file and un corrupt it. The file was never properly closed due to your accident and battery coming out.
This has worked for me on a few occasions.
Good Luck..

You will need to place your MP4 back on the SD card and re insert it back into the mavic. Start another quick recording then stop.
This should close your file and un corrupt it. The file was never properly closed due to your accident and battery coming out.
This has worked for me on a few occasions.
Good Luck..
I wish I could do that, but the Mavic is broken and while it does power up, it won't connect to the controller. I just get a flashing yellow light at the back. Possibly because the camera and gimbal are trashed?

Ok, understood. I will try to download and see if it will close properly.
It will be a while as I don't have my Mav with me right now.
If it works, I will re upload to you with a new link.
How large is the file?

Reactions: Spinball
Ok, understood. I will try to download and see if it will close properly.
It will be a while as I don't have my Mav with me right now.
If it works, I will re upload to you with a new link.
How large is the file?
Thank you. It's 200 meg, only 30 seconds.

Hello folks,
  • VLC player
  • Stellar Phoenix
  • WinXDVD
DJI_0012.MP4

Hi there, can u please upload one .mp4 video from same device that is working properly? I´ll try to repair it but need one working .mp4 from same device.

Reactions: Spinball
Hi there, can u please upload one .mp4 video from same device that is working properly? I´ll try to repair it but need one working .mp4 from same device.
Many thanks for your kind offer, but I managed to fixed it using recover_mp4.

Here's the video about my crash.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851