DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Create indoor map ( 3D model )

Denyzzz

Reactions
Hello i have question for you. I need map from house (unavailable entry) then i want create 3D model in PC. It is possible with mavic ? How can i create 3D model from indoor house ? Thank you so much for help.

You want to create a 3D model of the inside of your home? I don't think that the Mavic will end up being the best option for this. You would be better off just using a normal camera to take a ton of photos covering a full 360 degree sphere, and putting them into a photogammetry program like Agisoft Photoscan. There may be free alternatives out there.

You want to create a 3D model of the inside of your home? I don't think that the Mavic will end up being the best option for this. You would be better off just using a normal camera to take a ton of photos covering a full 360 degree sphere, and putting them into a photogammetry program like Agisoft Photoscan. There may be free alternatives out there.

Normal it is not possible because i can not entry to house ! I need something flying robot

Normal it is not possible because i can not entry to house ! I need something flying robot

Well, this sounds like breaking and entering. You cannot fly a drone into someone's private home without their permission. That would be illegal in a few different ways.

Huh? You can't enter the house but need a 3D model of the interior? What is going on here? How do you plan for the Mavic to enter if you can't? Is it condemned due to fire, flood, etc...?

I somehow have this James Bond image in my head now of launching the Mavic through the air ducts to take inside pictures of a home to rob later

Perhaps the OP will need the optional (not yet available) x-ray camera? :)

To the OP, how exactly are you envisioning that the Mavic will be able to take pictures of the interior of a house that you cannot enter?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S