DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cruising with my Datsun Glendora Ridge {active track}

So cool. Which of the intelligent functions were you using when the mavic was following along side you from above? Active Track, or Follow Me, or waypoints, or a something different? Litchi or DJI GO 4? Just curious. It turned out nice.

Sweet car, nice shooting and editing. Parts of it remind me of the opening scene of "The Italian Job." (1969 version, except he was driving a Ferrari and that was Italy).

Sweet car, nice shooting and editing. Parts of it remind me of the opening scene of "The Italian Job." (1969 version, except he was driving a Ferrari and that was Italy).

Thank you. And yes sometimes i imagine the datsun is a ferrari 250 gt california and california as the hills in Italy.

@TrayBoz I mainly use active track, haven't tried 3rd party apps to control drone yet, not entirely sure about using a diff brain other than the one dji povided though it will happen soon.Some of the shots i've seen achieved with those apps would be nice.

In active track i used profile and spotlight. It's a bit tricky and i usually plan my drive before hand to find out where i can deploy and quickly find a place to pull over and re-orientate or land the drone. Active track is barely usable tbh but it's still amazing for what it accomplishes. It loses subject constantly, as you can see in that opening drone shot the red ferrari that passes by confuses the drone and it just halts. I tried to have it follow me around the bend in one of the shots and it also lost me going around the corner. Maximum speed is also an issue, not that i want to speed, but 15-30 mph is the max i've been able to go without losing subject. Most of the shots with the drone are sped up to make it seem like i'm driving at a normal clip.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura