DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crunchy Motor sounds Concern Or Paranoia

BobDaGoon

Reactions
Yes, I had a mishap at the beach and got sand in the motors. three of the motors make this horrible crunching sound when I turn them by hand. But it doesn't seem to affect flight.

I do have the Refresh Service. So, Should I send it in or I'm just paranoid.
Opinions and thoughts much appreciated

Send it in to satisfied yourself. They might fix it under warranty instead of using your refresh so you get a free fix if it's fall under warranty. Idk, much but I sent my mavic in after a accident, I did the repair process, litterly it been less than a week and I already got a repair invoice saying I owe $244, for repairs but, I request to use my refresh care and go to find out my repair was cover under warranty? Which meant I didn't have to pay for repairs?? Save me money so I didn't questions and now I received a email earlier today saying that repair is done and dji is expected to ship my mavic within 3 business day. Which would make my repair process, done within 2 weeks of sending in to get repair and return to me once payment was confirmed, but since my repair was cover under the warranty I had no payment and my mavic is hopefully fix life new or even better when I receive I will update.

Dnuttz

Just an Update:

I sent it in, they said it will be 150$USD for repairs or 79$USD for the refresh. That's actually the default choice. I presume the refresh unit is a referb??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000