DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal Sky Monitor

Does anyone else find it odd that the CrystalSky monitor runs on an Android OS ?

Since the consensus seems to be that DJI GO 4 App runs much better on the IOS? And after all this talk/rumor about Apple buying DJI, or part of it, or cooperating with them, and the fact that DJI products are sold in Apple stores.

Since it's been established that there are more mavic issues in the Android OS, I'm surprised the CrystalSky Monitor runs on "customized" Android OS.

Does anyone else find it odd that the CrystalSky monitor runs on an Android OS ?

Since the consensus seems to be that DJI GO 4 App runs much better on the IOS? And after all this talk/rumor about Apple buying DJI, or part of it, or cooperating with them, and the fact that DJI products are sold in Apple stores.

Since it's been established that there are more mavic issues in the Android OS, I'm surprised the CrystalSky Monitor runs on "customized" Android OS.

Probably cheaper to license Android than IOS. At least that is my guess.

Reactions: Bunny Too

I would assume that shows how long the Crystal has been in development and Android development is more straightforward than iOS, in my opinion having coded for both platforms.

Third party companies can not license iOS.

There are only more issues on Android because there are thousands of different Android devices with more or less dubious customisations by the different manufacturers that any app developer has no control over. Most work just fine but some don't.

If DJI make their own thing they control it fully and can make sure everything works perfectly together.

I wonder how the thicker screen will be attached to the controller. Will it come with some kind of mount?
For the Mavic you'll be on your own to find a solution as far as we know.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada