DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystal sky will need phantom or inspire charger to have power for a charger.

fake news hopefully. pathetic dji. im honestly surprised they include the battery at this point. will nickle and dime us on that next. soon it'll be $1.99 flight fees in the dji app.

this part possibly or one like it.

DJI Adapter Cable

im hoping it can charge with the mavic cord.

If you read the product page:
Buy CrystalSky

"In the box" section says it comes with a intelligent battery charging hub.

Do you own a mavic battery charging hub? The charging hub does not work by itself, you need the mavic battery charger connect to the hub and you also need a mavic AC cable.

So you need a battery charger to go with that $9 AC cable link you shared.

fake news hopefully. pathetic dji. im honestly surprised they include the battery at this point. will nickle and dime us on that next. soon it'll be $1.99 flight fees in the dji app.
It is critically important for a business to operate in a profitable manner, especially when significant research and development is a factor. The law of supply and demand, and the competitive aspect of a free market will address your implied concerns.

ALTERNATE VERSION: Stop ******* whining already for ***** sake. ;-)

It is critically important for a business to operate in a profitable manner, especially when significant research and development is a factor. The law of supply and demand, and the competitive aspect of a free market will address your implied concerns.

Wow. Are you in love with anything DJI do? Like anything?

I challenge you to find a device that comes with a bespoke OEM battery that doesn't come with a charging brick and cable. Least of all one that costs several hundred.

Power bricks cost pennies when bought in the quantity DJI would make. They need to include it.

Lmfao look at you! you own stock in dji?? there is no excuse for with holding accessories vital to operation of a product. especially one so cheap to them. its poor business execution and from the vendors i talk to, dji is aware how bad they are and want to change this perception of them.

when i spend $500 for a monitor, i expect a GD power cable. i blame u dji apologists in the end really...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ursus Horribilis
Wow. Are you in love with anything DJI do? Like anything?

Lmfao look at you! you own stock in dji??

No in fact I'm looking forward to other companies to deliver my future drone products, but mostly because of the approach DJI takes in programming their app, specifically the way they don't give me basic choices like bitrate. The fact you two would assume I love DJI is telling though in regards to the notion of being accountable.

there is no excuse for with holding accessories vital to operation of a product.
Phantom/Inspire users already have the 'vital accessories', why would they want to be forced to pay for what they don't need. Here we can see the product is targeted to them, just as the googles are targeted to Mavic owners, and Phantom owners can optionally buy extras for that which Mavic owners don't need.

the amount of wrong information in this post is amazing.

The link you posted a an AC cable... totally useless and pointless for the crystal sky or mavic.

The reason the mavic charger doesnt work is because the crystalsky hub requires the bullet connection for the remote controller charging of the p3 / p4 / p4p / matrice / inspire 2.

Mavic owners will have to wait for an adapter or buy a $30 p3 charger.

It's simply that most of their intended customers for the CS already have one of the required chargers.

It's simply that most of their intended customers for the CS already have one of the required chargers.

'Most' of their customers? Are you serious? So anyone who has bought a mavic (one of their latest and most popular drones) just doesn't count?

This is really not good.

then stop buying dji if you hate it

That is an option - thanks for pointing it out.

I live in hope that DJI might actually stop and listen to feedback now and again... but I realise that is possibly not rational.

'Most' of their customers? Are you serious? So anyone who has bought a mavic (one of their latest and most popular drones) just doesn't count?
As it stands it happens that myself and all other 3 of my friends who have a Mavic do have at least one other DJI machine with a suitable charger, so...

For people who have just a Mavic and buy a Crystalsky yeah... but I doubt that's many.

As it stands it happens that myself and all other 3 of my friends who have a Mavic do have at least one other DJI machine with a suitable charger, so...

For people who have just a Mavic and buy a Crystalsky yeah... but I doubt that's many.

OK thanks. I thought the Mavic had encouraged a lot of first time buyers of drones to come to DJI.

But now, based on your survey of you and your 3 mates, I see i was wrong.

Cheers!

What about Osmo users?

I have to agree here. We all "want" the crystal sky for the Mavic, it they don't have a mount yet, and they do for the phantom/inspire controller design. Unfortunately, it's no different than the mount. If you want to "adapt" this for your Mavic, there will be accessories you'll need (mount, charging block).....

I could understand if there was no charger at all, but the intended customer is the inspire folks....plain and simple....and they already have the block. If you go to the Mavic accessories, they do NOT list the crystal sky. You have to go to the inspire accessories to even see the option to buy it.....as an inspire accessory!

It's a lot like some of the latest gadgets that charge via USB, don't come with the USB charging block (think iPhone) because they know we already have these......my kids games, headphones (even my Sennheiser PXC 550 headphones didn't come with a charging block), etc......

It's life, and it's 30 bucks.

Last edited:
I have to agree here. We all "want" the crystal sky for the Mavic, it they don't have a mount yet, and they do for the phantom/inspire controller design. Unfortunately, it's no different than the mount. If you want to "adapt" this for your Mavic, there will be accessories you'll need (mount, charging block).....

I could understand if there was no charger at all, but the intended customer is the inspire folks....plain and simple....and they already have the block. If you go to the Mavic accessories, they do NOT list the crystal sky. You have to go to the inspire accessories to even see the option to buy it.....as an inspire accessory!

It's a lot like some of the latest gadgets that charge via USB, don't come with the USB charging block (think iPhone) because they know we already have these......my kids games, headphones (even my Sennheiser PXC 550 headphones didn't come with a charging block), etc......

It's life, and it's 30 bucks.

I purchased everything but it would have been nice if the CrystalSky page told mavic owners they would need all those accessories.
Its 30 bucks?
I bought CrystalSky 5.5 $479, Charger Phantom 4 $55 (dji store missing P3 charger), AC $5, DJI bracket $79, flyinghighusa bracket adapter $30+$60 shipping, Amazon type Cusb cable (I didnt have one lol) $10.
$479 + $239 just to see my $1000 Mavic Pro in sunlight (sunshade did not work).

I will be happy if it all works and I can see in sunlight which is what everyone is saying!
Karma drone is nowhere as good but it came with 900nit controller :p

Reactions: HydroneMantis
you dont need a usb c plug, the mount has it built in.

Amazon.com : SKYREAT DJI Mavic Pro DJI Spark Aluminum-Alloy Foldable Extender 4-12 Inches Tablet Stand Holder, Snap On / Off Bracket for Mavic, DJI Spark Remote Controller : Camera & Photo

that mount has a hole, which lines up very nicely to the hole on the dji bracket just need a bolt and your all set much cheaper too

This charger works just fine:
Amazon.com : Smatree 120W Rapid Battery Charger for DJI Phantom 4 Battery / Remote Controller : Camera & Photo

Reactions: 3VP
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser