DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crystalsky display

Matt

Reactions
looks promising in that it is sunlight readable. Also one size is the size of a iPhone 7 plus the other a iPad mini 4

link:

Crystalsky

I would definite get it if it has the following:

You can mount it forward of the remote like in the picture
You can run litchi and autopilot on it
It not over $400

What is everyone's thoughts on it? At 2000nits it will blow anything out off the water so to speak in regards to seeing your display outside.

It definitely will need to come with a adapter no way that will fiit where your phone goes

Reactions: corvid
I'm not sure about it. It looks a bit chunky. Will it be as good as a top end smartphone screen? I'm not sure it's worth all the extra money if I'm honest.

No release date yet, hope it will be soon as i was looking to buy an ipad mini 2 as dedicated monitor. But if the wait is not to long (like we all know some things dji can be) and the display quality as good as they say, i'll be tempted to lean towards the Crystalsky.

And the price piont is going to be important of course, but anywhare near the mini 2 and i'm in.

Specs look ok to me:

5.5 INCHES

TECH SPECS
Display Multi-touch display with IPS technology
Resolution 1920x1080
Brightness 1000cd/m2
Operating System Android
App DJI GO
Memory ROM 16GB+RAM 4GB
Connectors HDMI,SD card slot,USB,type C
Connectivity WIFI:2.4G,5.2G&5.8G 802.11b、802.11g、802.11n(HT20)、802.11a 4G dongle support
GPS GPS/GLONASS
Gyroscope yes
Compass yes
Speaker yes
Brightness Sensors yes
MIC yes
Inner Battery 980 mAh, 3.7V
Outer Battery 4920 mAh,7.6V(detachable)
Operation Temperature -20℃ to 40℃ (-4℉ to 104℉)
4K Video decoding H.264 4k 30fps / H.265 4k 60fps

DETAILED SIZE SPECS
Without Battery 153.76*84.94*19mm
With Battery 153.76*84.94*39.6mm
Outer Battery 90*45*26mm

I'm on board with this display. It would have to be at the sub $500 price point and run other apps.

I'm not sure about it. It looks a bit chunky. Will it be as good as a top end smartphone screen? I'm not sure it's worth all the extra money if I'm honest.
Way beyond anything a toy phone gives you.
It has been designed from the ground up based on field monitors.

Any idea of pricing?
Also might it be useable on the OSMO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you buy it with the P4pro it adds $300 to the price, so I imagine as a stand alone purchase it's likely to be around $350.
It's compatible with all the recent Phantoms, so it should work with the Osmo as well.

Reactions: ajg_kestrel_PFAW
I really doubt you'll be able to run anything else than DJI GO on them (at least in ways that are intended).

It will be interesting to see how they achieve 2000nit display. If they just add a bright back light that can bleach out the color with a standard LCD display. Also is it liquid bonded between the digitizer to reduce glare between the LCD and touchscreen? Battery life - that's a lot of juice to achieve that brightness? if so then we have yet another thing to charge before flight. Does it have built in GPS and if you can run third party apps will it share its location? I like to film out on the water and have gotten some nice shots using 3rd party apps orbiting the boat while on plan. Looks like its got a HDMI output as well?

Way beyond anything a toy phone gives you.
It has been designed from the ground up based on field monitors.

i have a few field monitors for FPV use.. my Xiami phone does a better job though.. top end phones have pretty good screens..

having said that i still think a monitor sold to go along side the drone is a good idea.. not all phones and tablets are equal a purpose designed monitor will take away the uncertainty..

trog

It will be interesting to see how they achieve 2000nit display. If they just add a bright back light that can bleach out the color with a standard LCD display. Also is it liquid bonded between the digitizer to reduce glare between the LCD and touchscreen? Battery life - that's a lot of juice to achieve that brightness? if so then we have yet another thing to charge before flight. Does it have built in GPS and if you can run third party apps will it share its location? I like to film out on the water and have gotten some nice shots using 3rd party apps orbiting the boat while on plan. Looks like its got a HDMI output as well?
Post #3 above answers a lot of your questions. Battery life is quoted as 4-5 hours for the larger version, and 4-6 hours for the smaller.

I might be interested in the 7.85” with the 2048x1536 Resolution. Having HDMI output will be handy for "normal" goggles as well.

I'm certainly not pre-ordering anything though, I'll definitely wait until these things are in stock with a shed load of reviews to read first before making any decision.

Reactions: Brent D
Post #3 above answers a lot of your questions. Battery life is quoted as 4-5 hours for the larger version, and 4-6 hours for the smaller.

Speaking in actual's. Do you get the full 27 minutes of flight time? Only if you hover in place. curious if you get that with the screen turned all the way up to full brightness. Seems like they have a habit of overstating these things.

Last edited:
These monitors won't be cheap. The monitor that comes with the P4Pro is an added 300 and it's not even close to what these monitors are. Don't be shocked if the tablet size one is close to the price of a Mavic.

These monitors won't be cheap. The monitor that comes with the P4Pro is an added 300 and it's not even close to what these monitors are. Don't be shocked if the tablet size one is close to the price of a Mavic.
The monitor that comes with the P4 pro is the smaller version of the monitor this thread is about....for $300. What makes you think it's a different one?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000