DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cue the mass cancelling of Mavic orders

I am a crazy person for these drones, and have bought P2V, P2V+, P2V2, P3P, P4 and Mavic Pro. And I would SO LOVE a P4P but am thinking of holding off, at least for a while. The Mavic is so great and SO portable. It opens up a whole new world of photography for me due to its size.

It still needs upwards obstacle avoidance like the Inspire 2 is touting. I have read several people that lost their Phantom 4 due to the front obstacle avoidance working, gaining altitude to avoid an obstacle on the return home, and hitting something above it. Therefore it fell to its demise, or disappeared into the ocean. I think front, rear, and top sensors would be best. The side sensors aren't really needed.

Ric, you beat me by 2 minutes :) I'm hoping for the 1-2 week timeframe.
Yeah I hesitated for a second or two...the camera sold me but I had to check and make sure the batteries were interchangeable...I have 5 fairly new ones and didn't want to go to that expense again...a few minutes less is better than hundreds more...now I'm looking for the lens barrel specs to see if my PolarPro set will work too...

It still needs upwards obstacle avoidance like the Inspire 2 is touting. I have read several people that lost their Phantom 4 due to the front obstacle avoidance working, gaining altitude to avoid an obstacle on the return home, and hitting something above it. Therefore it fell to its demise, or disappeared into the ocean. I think front, rear, and top sensors would be best. The side sensors aren't really needed.

Clearly that's the "sensor end game," right? Full 360 degree obstacle awareness and avoidance.

I am a crazy person for these drones, and have bought P2V, P2V+, P2V2, P3P, P4 and Mavic Pro. And I would SO LOVE a P4P but am thinking of holding off, at least for a while. The Mavic is so great and SO portable. It opens up a whole new world of photography for me due to its size.
I'd sell all of your phantoms and get the Inspire 2. I think having both the Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 would be the ultimate combination of portability and capability.

Yeah I hesitated for a second or two...the camera sold me but I had to check and make sure the batteries were interchangeable...I have 5 fairly new ones and didn't want to go to that expense again...a few minutes less is better than hundreds more...now I'm looking for the lens barrel specs to see if my PolarPro set will work too...
Are the batteries interchangeable?

Take it from an inspire 1 raw owner, the 1" sensor and aperture control, higher dynamic range on the P4P with 100Mbs is a game changer for filming below the "movie set" pro tier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone from Ireland looking a spot up the cue before my order is confirmed canceled? i ordered on the 03/10/16.

The filters for the original phantom 4 are not compatible with the phantom 4 pro.

What could they possibly add to phantom 5 apart from top sensor?
They could make it fly by itself, never wreck, and take the exact shot you want, at the exact time you want, with the exact settings you want at all times, never having to ever edit a video as it would do it on the fly exactly how you want it edited, and WITH SOUND. Don't forget, it should wash your laundry, do dishes, clean the house, MOW THE GRASS, and get you a beer at the specific times they all need done. The Phantom 5 Pro will make your lunch, cook dinner, pick your clothes for you as well as dress you, go to the bathroom for you, sleep for you when you need sleep making you feel refreshed, and grow money for you as well,.

Reactions: No1much
Are the batteries interchangeable?
according to all I could find yes they are...same form factor just a little less power/time...unfortunately the filters aren't though I guess that's an ok trade-off for a camera that's specced to be that much better

Add another $300 if you want the Pro+ with the included screen.....$1799

I wonder the specs of the screen. Not the 1080p resolution, but the specs like we all wonder with tablets and cell phones... The internal specs. Would have been better if they made the screen the size of the ipad mini at the least.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato