DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cue the mass cancelling of Mavic orders

Portability absolutely doesn't "always trump photography", otherwise we would all be using just our cell phones.

Anyway, in my world, "portability of some sort" includes the Phantom. I cancelled my Mavic order on the day they announced the Phantom 4 Pro (to get back on topic).

most people are.. he he

i have a few grands worth of M4/3 bodies and glass.. i also have a rather useful fixed lens 1 inch sensor camera.. sadly since buying the rather useful (no need to carry a bag full of lenses) fixed lens camera.. all my expensive interchangeable lens M4/3 gear is sat in a cupboard unused.. :)

i do draw the line at using a smartphone though.. but do accept that the more expensive smart phones will do all that most folks want from them photographically speaking..

i also have a DJI osmo with just a phone type sensor.. but no way on this planet am i gonna fork out the £1500 quid or so to buy the X5 and turn my osmo into an M4/3 sensor camera.. :)

so okay portability dosnt trump photography entirely but its for sure putting up a good fight.. he he

trog

It's the old adage here I feel, 'horses for courses'! Mavic is a 'deluxe' chase/selfie camera. It is not a 'camera platform' but to be fair neither is the P4P!! Thats a 'slightly' better chase/selfie.... EVEN the Inspire 2 can't be considered a PRO product due to the fact I can't screw my trusty old DSLR or my 8k Red camera to it....

So what is the ultimate and REAL answer..... Simple, its another 'MAN'GET', probably 90+% reading here are 30+ men with too much cash burning holes in their pockets, yes you have an interest in pics and vids. BUT come on grow some and admit, you want it because you love the fact someone will say to you, "wow dude whats that man!!??" down the park...

Now lets just chill out and check before we go any further, are you interested in PRO video and photography production? YES, then consider a Matrice 600 PRO Hexacopter and start thinking in the 12-15k price.

For me, the Mavic is to show mates and family whats happening on my travels around this little planet of ours.....

Peace brethren,

EVEN the Inspire 2 can't be considered a PRO product due to the fact I can't screw my trusty old DSLR or my 8k Red camera to it....
That attitude of "anything pro NEEDS a RED or DSLR!!!" is just ridiculous and obsolete.

Something pro needs the right tool for the job, that's it. That tool can be a Mavic for some things as much as it can be a heavy lifter with a RED for others.

Yes. Please do. The new Phantom looks great, but I'll take the portability. Mavic Pro is still just as awesome today as it was yesterday.

Exactly. Mavic Pro is for a different type of user than Phantom, which is for a different type of user still than Inspire.

It's like comparing a BMW 3 Series to a 5 Series to a 7 Series. They all have 4 wheels, an engine, and move people forward, and they're all sporty, but very different cars for different drivers in different markets.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI said nothing had been sacrificed to make the mavic pro as small and neat as it is.. but when compared to the new P4P some things quite cleary have..

like a 1 inch sensor camera and all round object avoidance.. the next step in the drone evolution will have all the things that both the mavic and P4P are missing.. foldable.. better camera.. all round object avoidance and still be small-ish

the P4P is a refeshed older model and the mavic pro a work still in progress.. :)

trog

you couldn't put a 1 inch sensor on a mavic, just as you couldn't on a mobile phone. I'm sure they've held some features back - that is standard practice, but I don't expect the camera to change too much on Mavic 2 - maybe a bit of zoom.

Similarly I don't think the P5 will change much from the P4P, perhaps slightly redesigned body - the phantom shape is getting old now.

DJI now have three well positioned products that pretty much satisfy all possible requirements. I personally think the combo of Mavic + Phantom is a win win all round. Extreme portability all the way up to respectable camera performance. At this moment in time it's physically impossible to have both on the one craft, so customers can choose convenience, camera, or buy both as their options.

you couldn't put a 1 inch sensor on a mavic, just as you couldn't on a mobile phone. I'm sure they've held some features back - that is standard practice, but I don't expect the camera to change too much on Mavic 2 - maybe a bit of zoom.

Similarly I don't think the P5 will change much from the P4P, perhaps slightly redesigned body - the phantom shape is getting old now.

DJI now have three well positioned products that pretty much satisfy all possible requirements. I personally think the combo of Mavic + Phantom is a win win all round. Extreme portability all the way up to respectable camera performance. At this moment in time it's physically impossible to have both on the one craft, so customers can choose convenience, camera, or buy both as their options.

it does come down to sensor size which governs drone size.. but lets just say the mavic would not have to grow much to manage a decent 1 inch sensor camera.. but i recon whatever the next DJI consumer drone gets called it should have all the things i mentioned..

i recon something Karma size would do the job as a compromize between portability and functionality.. but the tiny mavic with its phone sensor camera might still win the day..

trog

Last edited:
the P4P is a refeshed older model and the mavic pro a work still in progress.. :)

trog

The entire consumer drone industry is a work in progress. I'm interested to see what the Phantom 5 turns out to be.

I enter the following for your review. Please note the section where DJi says the refund will be done in 3-5 days on November 7th. it the 21 and funds have still not arrived. Welcome to the Lehman Brothers of the Drone world.

Disputed Amount:
  • $1,299.00 USD
Status
This item not received dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by 22-Nov-2016. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

View dispute comments

• 12/11/2016 18:27 GMT-05:00 - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
  • 12/11/2016 18:27 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: They said it would be 3-5 days for a refund and none has arrived. Please advise.
  • 12/11/2016 18:26 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: It has not been 5 business days and this has not been refunded. Please advise?
  • 07/11/2016 08:36 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: Why does it take you 3-5 business days to process a refund, It only took you 1 days to take the money?
  • 07/11/2016 03:44 GMT-05:00 - Seller: Dear Sir,Thanks for your support with Dji and Sorry that your Mavic order has not been shipped out yet Mavic Pro orders have exceeded supply and we are working as quickly as possible to fulfill orders.We have cancelled this order from our system per your request and will issue a refund very soon.You can expect the refund within 3-5 working days.Could you please kindly drop this dispute as well.Thanks and Have a nice day
View case history

• 19-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 12-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 12-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 12-Nov-2016 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
  • 7-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 7-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 4-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 4-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 12-Nov-2016 - Buyer: Dispute filed
  • 4-Nov-2016 - Buyer: Dispute filed

it does come down to sensor size which governs drone size.. but lets just say the mavic would not have to grow much to manage a decent 1 inch sensor camera.. but i recon whatever the next DJI consumer drone gets called it should have all the things i mentioned..

i recon something Karma size would do the job as a compromize between portability and functionality.. but the tiny mavic with its phone sensor camera might still win the day..

trog
Totally agree Trog and disagree with previous comment about you couldn't put a inch sensor on a Mavic... If you build a product you decide what goes where and with a few tweaks that could of been the situation. BUT then you'd have damaged the P4P market.

Mavic as I see, especially in Europe where distance is limited by regulatory gits, has one USP it's size....

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

That attitude of "anything pro NEEDS a RED or DSLR!!!" is just ridiculous and obsolete.

Something pro needs the right tool for the job, that's it. That tool can be a Mavic for some things as much as it can be a heavy lifter with a RED for others.
There point here is valid, I just today at work used a small plastic fork broken in half to dislodge a piece of grit from a tire..... Plastic fork Pro. At the weekend I used a beer mat to stabilise a table at a pub, more commonly known as the 'universal balance pro' beer mat....

Thanks for pointing out my mistake...

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I enter the following for your review. Please note the section where DJi says the refund will be done in 3-5 days on November 7th. it the 21 and funds have still not arrived. Welcome to the Lehman Brothers of the Drone world.

Disputed Amount:
  • $1,299.00 USD
Status
This item not received dispute has been escalated to a claim.

We requested additional information from the seller about this transaction.

What happens next

The seller has been asked to respond by 22-Nov-2016. Once we receive the information, we'll continue our review of this case.

View dispute comments

• 12/11/2016 18:27 GMT-05:00 - PayPal: Buyer escalated this dispute to a Claim.
  • 12/11/2016 18:27 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: They said it would be 3-5 days for a refund and none has arrived. Please advise.
  • 12/11/2016 18:26 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: It has not been 5 business days and this has not been refunded. Please advise?
  • 07/11/2016 08:36 GMT-05:00 - Buyer: Why does it take you 3-5 business days to process a refund, It only took you 1 days to take the money?
  • 07/11/2016 03:44 GMT-05:00 - Seller: Dear Sir,Thanks for your support with Dji and Sorry that your Mavic order has not been shipped out yet Mavic Pro orders have exceeded supply and we are working as quickly as possible to fulfill orders.We have cancelled this order from our system per your request and will issue a refund very soon.You can expect the refund within 3-5 working days.Could you please kindly drop this dispute as well.Thanks and Have a nice day
View case history

• 19-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 12-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 12-Nov-2016 - Buyer: Dispute escalated to claim
  • 7-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 7-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 4-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
  • 4-Nov-2016 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
  • 12-Nov-2016 - Buyer: Dispute filed
  • 4-Nov-2016 - Buyer: Dispute filed

When I use PayPal and always change from bank funds to credit card. Then my credit card company sticks it to em and is immediately a suspended bill. Always pay wth CC best advice I learned long ago. PayPal backs the most convenient.
Best for f luck with dispute.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27