DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

D-LOG color very poor

drumbum

Reactions
hi all,

First post here and new Mavic user.

I recently started shooting in D-log with the intention of color grading using LUT's.

I have found however that even with serious color grading I cannot get the sky to look decent at all, totally washed out.

Is there any trick to this? Are there particular LUT's that work better? I have been using ground control.

cheers

You'll be on latest firmware presumably as the description sounds more like the older version of d-log which was poor.
It might help to record with saturation on zero not -3 as that LUT suggests.
I also think it's best to have sharpening on zero as it greatly reduces blobby tree look.

Yea, I forego the LUTS as well as I prefer to shoot in Normal or Soft settings. I like D-log a lot, and Art is great too.

4WD, its the older firmware, I did the update last week after all the shooting was completed. Thanks for the heads up though, I will test out today with D-log and the new firmware.

Strafe1,

thanks also, I have tried the art setting and its awesome.

This rig really is a great machine, stable, clever and can EASILY travel!

4WD, its the older firmware, I did the update last week after all the shooting was completed. Thanks for the heads up though, I will test out today with D-log and the new firmware.

Strafe1,

thanks also, I have tried the art setting and its awesome.

This rig really is a great machine, stable, clever and can EASILY travel!

I love that about the Mavic. I have the P3P and I don't even want to get it out at photo spots, because it's so much work putting the props on, then everyone staring at you with this giant "drone" in your hands. It also sounds like a hornet's nest. The Mavic is VERY unobtrusive! I have been at some spots where hardly anyone even noticed it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61