DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Qoncussion

Reactions
I shot this at Rollins Reservoir & Dam, near Colfax, California. On the flight in, I encountered a swarm of birds. Luckily they didn't get too close, but it made for some nice footage. Be sure to check out the last shot, coming down the spillway of the dam. It came out really nice...

Last edited:
is it my eyes or is the video slightly out of focus? Nice shots though

I shot this at Rollins Reservoir & Dam, near Colfax, California. On the flight in, I encountered a swarm of birds. Luckily they didn't get to close, but it made for some nice footage. Be sure to check out the last shot, coming down the spillway of the dam. It came out really nice...

I don't know what the laws are in your state, but in most states, if not all, it's illegal to fly a drone in the vicinity of a power plant whether it be hydro, nuclear or fuel, solar, or whatever, not saying I wouldn't do it if I could get away with it, but just be aware.

I shot this at Rollins Reservoir & Dam, near Colfax, California. On the flight in, I encountered a swarm of birds. Luckily they didn't get too close, but it made for some nice footage. Be sure to check out the last shot, coming down the spillway of the dam. It came out really nice...

Beauty! Great Job.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Great vid. I was going to go there for some fly fishing but I see it's still muddy so thanks for that.

Reactions: Qoncussion
That was awesome. Question, was that a push/pull effect at 52 seconds - also known as the Hitchcock zoom?

Very cool video and beautiful area.

beautiful!

Birds were definitely scary there for a bit, happy to see the Mav prevailed. Have to agree, that spillway shot was too cool. Looked like a water fall flowing backwards... but then it is 4/20 today. I'll have another look at it tomorrow. o_O

Reactions: CashCache
That was awesome. Question, was that a push/pull effect at 52 seconds - also known as the Hitchcock zoom?
Precisely. It was (obviously) done in post. The footage was sped up and zoomed in for the approach shot over the dam. During a 1 or 2 second slow down (to normal speed), I zoomed out to full resolution, ending the zoom out at the same moment that the footage reached normal speed.
but then it is 4/20 today. I'll have another look at it tomorrow. o_O
That is a great 420 shot :D
What Mavic video settings did you use? Any ND filter?
4K/30 FPS, D-Cinelike, ND-8,... Don't remember ISO/Gain or shutter. Wish I had used a polarizing filter, as the sky got blown out at the end of the last shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3