DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Damaged propellers

VMImaging

Reactions
What if any is a acceptable amount of prop damage? I'm a new pilot and burned through all 8 props! My bird is fine but Some seemed to just have minor damage nicks some had cracks or chips... I tossed them all and am awaiting a shipment. Meanwhile I can't fly and am regretting my decision to wait while my mavic is grounded! Any thoughts on this? Any examples of acceptable propeller wear? Must they be 100% or does 95% fly

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It would be safest to toss any props that are physically damaged. Can you still technically fly with damaged props? Perhaps. It could lead to a crash though.

It would be safest to toss any props that are physically damaged. Can you still technically fly with damaged props? Perhaps. It could lead to a crash though.

This is what I assumed when I tossed 36$ in propellers haha thanks ;) glad I'm not just being wasteful

How are your props getting so damaged? Improper storage? Crashing?

I've had my Mavic for a month now and my props still look new.

Reactions: halley
Flying with nicked or chipped props could cause excessive vibration and is not good for your bird. I hope you are ordering OEM DJI props for your next batch, try not to buy generic props, they can cause you to crash.

If you have gone through 8 props already, youre lucky if no additional damage has been done to the motors. They dont like getting hit that much and prop shafts bend easily. Did you buy DJI Refresh after you registered your Mavic?

Flying with nicked or chipped props could cause excessive vibration and is not good for your bird. I hope you are ordering OEM DJI props for your next batch, try not to buy generic props, they can cause you to crash.

If you have gone through 8 props already, youre lucky if no additional damage has been done to the motors. They dont like getting hit that much and prop shafts bend easily. Did you buy DJI Refresh after you registered your Mavic?

Yes I did, luckily the incident was on small branches and the other was on my balcony. Low impact but cold temperatures caused the chips. I have a feeling I'm gonna have to use refresh if I don't step up my pilot game [emoji20]

You may be a good candidate for the prop guards that have been made by a third party. Do a search. Could save your drone from major damage. Also, I suggest you fly far away from objects. That's what I did when I was learning on the P3. 100' or higher to clear buildings and trees. Until you get used to it... and maybe in a nice large clearing...

Reactions: VMImaging
Indoor is a great way to destroy propellers.
Learned the hard way.
Now I have more spare propellers than I will ever need. I hope.

+ 1 on Prop guards. Check around you can get them under $15. Worth protecting your investment.

I noticed that these props seem to be very thin and fragile. I went into a hedge that was pretty weak and had shattered one and had deep nicks on the rest.
I got a bunch of spares at Brooklyn Drones and am just more careful.

Flying inside once in a smaller room, I cornered myself and it was hovering but drifting slightly towards me. It didn't seem to want to respond to stick input. I was able to put a finger on the battery behind the switch and with a little downward and side pressure, "slide" it away from me.
Outside is the place to be!

vsk

For $ 12 bucks for two OEM propellers, I am not sure why anyone would be willing to try unproven 3rd party props. Save what, $ 2 bucks a prop on a thousand dollar drone ?

Reactions: caspian
They are $ 9 bucks for two from DJI direct. They ship them within days. In Canada, we get them from Staples.ca for $ 12 CAD which is about $ 9 bucks for two USD.

Reactions: Jayfly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots