DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dark edges with RAW pictures

mellow65

Reactions
Hello, I'm having some issues with my mavic when I shoot in raw photos. All the way around the picture, the edges are darker than the rest of the picture. Now I'm not photo guru or anything, but I have experience with the P3P and P4, and I never had any issues like this.

I've attached a picture that was taken in raw, but converted it to JPEG just so it would be easier to post.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this would be happening?

Just a side note, if I take JPEG and RAW at the same time, the JPEG does not have the ring. I also don't get this ring when I shoot video.

Thanks

DJI_0020.jpg

Not a guru either. These Drones aren't perfect. We are early adopters. But the picture looks good. Evaluate in different lighting conditions and exposure. The warranty is their if you have any issues.

Not a guru either. These Drones aren't perfect. We are early adopters. But the picture looks good. Evaluate in different lighting conditions and exposure. The warranty is their if you have any issues.

And I'm coming from a P4, and that thing shot amazing raw pictures, like literally zero touch up for some amazing looking pictures.

I'm waiting for better weather to get some more sample pictures and videos. But I'm almost wondering if this is just going to be a sunny weather drone only. Although I see so many other people's pictures and videos from the mavic that look great. How touched up are they, I don't know, but it's clearly possible to get good pictures out of it.

It looks like Vignetting which is common in many camera lens.
With Raw files you can remove it using lightroom and the proper corrective file for the Mavic.

Rob

It looks like Vignetting which is common in many camera lens.
With Raw files you can remove it using lightroom and the proper corrective file for the Mavic.

Rob

What if I don't have Lightroom?

I've just been using paint dot net to do some basic editing and color and lighting shifts.

Also is there a corrective file for the mavic?

It's a feature of the sensor which is adjusted in camera in the jpg.
With RAW you literally get the RAW output and it will need removing by another program in shots where it is noticeable.

It's a feature of the sensor which is adjusted in camera in the jpg.
With RAW you literally get the RAW output and it will need removing by another program in shots where it is noticeable.

That makes sense. So other than using Lightroom, how do I edit it out?

Good question? I wish I had an answer :(
I only ever used lightroom and photoshop. Somebody on the forum must have used freeware that handles correction files.

Good question? I wish I had an answer :(
I only ever used lightroom and photoshop. Somebody on the forum must have used freeware that handles correction files.

So there is photo director, it's not free, but seems to offer a fair amount of editing options that the big names have, and has the Vignetting removal tool built in. I've been playing with their video editing software, which once again, pretty **** good for a normal guy like me. The cool thing is you can get them as a combo.

I might just bite the bullet and get the combo. Thanks for the information, I'm glad it's a common thing rather than a defect. :)

Here is the file for lightroom. It will probably work with other software packages.

Attachments

• Mavic Pro FC220 (26.3 mm f2.2) - RAW.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 38
Well photodirecter won't allow me to use the lightroom file, but it has a nice built in vignette remover, and quite a bit of other great options. It does have a program that you you can create a lens profile, but it seems rather involved, and I don't think I have the proper lighting that it requires. So for now I'm just going to play with the settings manually. Thanks again for all the help!!!!

Here is the file for lightroom. It will probably work with other software packages.

I am new to LR, is this a preset ?
I do have a preset Mavic Pro hot zone fix, don't know where that came from, have not used it yet.

I am new to LR, is this a preset ?
I do have a preset Mavic Pro hot zone fix, don't know where that came from, have not used it yet.

I guess you can call it a Preset. I cannot even remember where I got it from. I think it was a pro photographer on this forum who made it in his workshop. All I know is that it works properly with the Mavic lens.

Rob

I guess you can call it a Preset. I cannot even remember where I got it from. I think it was a pro photographer on this forum who made it in his workshop. All I know is that it works properly with the Mavic lens.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I will have to try your one and the one I have as soon as I take some raw shots with the Mavic, have not done any stills yet, also I will try to get the one I have and post it here for you to try the preset I have, will do that later today.

Rob
not sure if this will work, I am going to try to upload the one I have, no go I was unable to upload it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent