DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DatCon can accept Mavic .DAT files

BudWalker

Premium Pilot
Reactions
DatCon now works for Mavic .DAT files. To obtain a copy go here. This is a beta version. If you encounter errors please post them here.

EDIT: CsvView is also available. Most users will find it easier to use CsvView. To obtain it go here.

To retrieve a Mavic .DAT file use DJI Assistant 2 and go to the Flight Record tab. After confirming that it's OK to put the Mavic in Flight Data mode a list containing the recent flights will appear. Select just the Flight Control File of the incident flight and then press Save To Local. Ultimately a file with a name something like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT will be created.

Last edited:
Thank you verry much for sharing this usefull info here, could come in handy (hope i don't need it off the bat when i get my bird).
But better safe ..........

CsvView now accepts Mavic .DAT files. To obtain it go here and download version 1.0.0.

Reactions: Mavic
Question, is there any gimbal-related information int he .DAT that we could hope to see included in CSVs at some point? Would be interesting to have a look at what happens when I get gimbal vibration.

Question, is there any gimbal-related information int he .DAT that we could hope to see included in CSVs at some point? Would be interesting to have a look at what happens when I get gimbal vibration.
It's possible. The gimbal info has to be there. I was unable to find it in the P3 .DAT file. But, I've had some ideas since then about how the gimbal info could be represented in the P3 .DAT.

Reactions: Kilrah
It's possible. The gimbal info has to be there. I was unable to find it in the P3 .DAT file. But, I've had some ideas since then about how the gimbal info could be represented in the P3 .DAT.
You're a really smart guy!
Thank you for sharing this with us!

You'll need to download and install a 64 bit Java. Apparently you have a 32 bit Java on your machine. If you pressed OK it should have proceeded to bring up a web page containing an appropriate download link. Did that not work?

64 bit Java was made necessary because the Mavic/P4 .DAT files can be quite large.

You'll need to download and install a 64 bit Java. Apparently you have a 32 bit Java on your machine. If you pressed OK it should have proceeded to bring up a web page containing an appropriate download link. Did that not work?

64 bit Java was made necessary because the Mavic/P4 .DAT files can be quite large.

Yes I forgot to load x64 in again after using a rare program. I installed x64 now and it fixed the issue. Not that it matters, but it did not direct me to a webpage.

Thanks for keeping the tools updated.

Well, I guess I tried to be too clever. @Diamondback were you able to figure what you had to do from the popup that came up? I'm trying to determine the best approach here. I tried to make it easy but we discovered that won't always work. Would it be sufficient to popup with a message saying go to https://java.com/en/download/windows-64bit.jsp and then download and install it? What do you guys think?

Oh, I'm not a good choice for average user experience since I'm a software developer myself ;)
So yea, had no issues figuring out what's missing :)

I'd certainly include some more in detail instructions on where to go and what to do (the JRE download website doesn't really help to be userfriendly... :| )

I'll pull the flight logs but unfortunately as others have mentioned ebay and paypal will side with the buyer when he will claim that I delivered a faulty product.

Yes, I'll be sure to sell locally, etc. instead of using ebay and paypal (other than gift) for stuff in the future.

I'd like to use this tool to look at my flight records. However, when I use the DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) on my Mac and attache and start the Mavic, after clicking on flight record, there is just a spinning wheel and I do not see a list of the stored records (even after waiting several minutes). Is there anything else that needs to be done? I guess the RC is not needed?

I'd like to use this tool to look at my flight records. However, when I use the DJI Assistant 2 (latest version) on my Mac and attache and start the Mavic, after clicking on flight record, there is just a spinning wheel and I do not see a list of the stored records (even after waiting several minutes). Is there anything else that needs to be done? I guess the RC is not needed?
Others have had the same issue with a Mac. As I recall one fixed the problem by using a different cable, and the other fixed it using a PC instead.

I recommend using install4j installer creator, it takes care of this and it can auto-download the required JRE. If your project is open source you might be able to use it for free (not sure).

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I use launch4j which I think has the same capability. It just didn't have quite all the cases covered. So I put an additional test in the code itself in case it wasn't caught in the installation.

i am trying to pull the logs. the mavic connects and i'm able to see firmware but when i click flight records, it just hangs and gives the spinner forever. i'm using a macbook pro on os x.

wife is bugging me to go shopping so i'll have to work on this later.

Others have had the same issue with a Mac. As I recall one fixed the problem by using a different cable, and the other fixed it using a PC instead.

Thanks for the tip! Yes - using a Windows emulator on my Mac worked. It's funny that DJI offers a Mac version of the Assistant software which does not work...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov