DatCon can accept Mavic .DAT files

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by BudWalker, Nov 30, 2016.

1. BudWalker

BudWalker Active Member

DatCon now works for Mavic .DAT files. To obtain a copy go here. This is a beta version. If you encounter errors please post them here.

To retrieve a Mavic .DAT file use DJI Assistant 2 and go to the Flight Record tab. After confirming that it's OK to put the Mavic in Flight Data mode a list containing the recent flights will appear. Select just the Flight Control File of the incident flight and then press Save To Local. Ultimately a file with a name something like DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2016-10-27 22-40-28].DAT will be created.

Presently, the following fields are missing; 1) smart battery info, and 2) motor data. Documentation on this can be found at the bottom of .csv Column Descriptions

A version of CsvView that works for Mavic .DAT will be distributed in a few days.

Romi, Ender, Mavic and 1 other person like this.
  2. MavicMinh

MavicMinh Member

Thank you very much Mr. Bud!

3. Crusader

Crusader Well-Known Member

Thank you verry much for sharing this usefull info here, could come in handy (hope i don't need it off the bat when i get my bird).
    But better safe ..........

4. BudWalker

BudWalker Active Member

CsvView now accepts Mavic .DAT files. To obtain it go here and download version 1.0.0.

Mavic likes this.
  5. Kilrah

Kilrah Well-Known Member

Question, is there any gimbal-related information int he .DAT that we could hope to see included in CSVs at some point? Would be interesting to have a look at what happens when I get gimbal vibration.

6. BudWalker

BudWalker Active Member

It's possible. The gimbal info has to be there. I was unable to find it in the P3 .DAT file. But, I've had some ideas since then about how the gimbal info could be represented in the P3 .DAT.

Kilrah likes this.
  7. Romi

Romi Well-Known Member

You're a really smart guy!
    Thank you for sharing this with us!

8. flyNfrank

flyNfrank Active Member

1em.jpg

9. BudWalker

BudWalker Active Member

You'll need to download and install a 64 bit Java. Apparently you have a 32 bit Java on your machine. If you pressed OK it should have proceeded to bring up a web page containing an appropriate download link. Did that not work?

64 bit Java was made necessary because the Mavic/P4 .DAT files can be quite large.

10. flyNfrank

flyNfrank Active Member

Yes I forgot to load x64 in again after using a rare program. I installed x64 now and it fixed the issue. Not that it matters, but it did not direct me to a webpage.

Thanks for keeping the tools updated.

11. Diamondback

Diamondback New Member

Yea it doesn't actually send you to the x64 download page. :)

12. BudWalker

BudWalker Active Member

Well, I guess I tried to be too clever. @Diamondback were you able to figure what you had to do from the popup that came up? I'm trying to determine the best approach here. I tried to make it easy but we discovered that won't always work. Would it be sufficient to popup with a message saying go to https://java.com/en/download/windows-64bit.jsp and then download and install it? What do you guys think?

13. Diamondback

Diamondback New Member

Oh, I'm not a good choice for average user experience since I'm a software developer myself ;)
    So yea, had no issues figuring out what's missing :)

I'd certainly include some more in detail instructions on where to go and what to do (the JRE download website doesn't really help to be userfriendly... :| )