DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Defective Remote?

JakeMaxxUAV

Reactions
Hey guys, I picked up my Mavic from the Apple Store and when I went to set everything up, I could not get my iPhone to connect to the remote using the included lightning cable. I then tried to connect my iPad, still wouldn't work. Then I tried connecting my own lightning cable into the USB port, still wouldn't work. The remote would charge, but didn't seem like it would transfer any data. I heard there was a firmware update that fixed USB connectivity issues, so I tried to hook the remote up to the computer and update the firmware with DJI Assistant, and the computer didn't even recognize it. Has anyone had or heard of this issue? Any way to fix without sending it back to DJI?

Hey guys, I picked up my Mavic from the Apple Store and when I went to set everything up, I could not get my iPhone to connect to the remote using the included lightning cable. I then tried to connect my iPad, still wouldn't work. Then I tried connecting my own lightning cable into the USB port, still wouldn't work. The remote would charge, but didn't seem like it would transfer any data. I heard there was a firmware update that fixed USB connectivity issues, so I tried to hook the remote up to the computer and update the firmware with DJI Assistant, and the computer didn't even recognize it. Has anyone had or heard of this issue? Any way to fix without sending it back to DJI?

Are you making the same mistake as me? On the power button, press it once then press it again and hold it to power up the remote.

Are you making the same mistake as me? On the power button, press it once then press it again and hold it to power up the remote.
Haha, no, I wish it was that easy. I was on the phone with tech support for about 30 minutes and he didn't seem to have a clue. Just wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

Reactions: edison
So, just to eliminate the bad remote possibility I would find an android phone or tablet to connect and try.

I don't have access to an android. However, i tried my iPhone 7, iPad Mini 4, MacBook Pro, and Desktop PC. I'm pretty sure it's defective, was just hoping someone else had this issue and had a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have access to an android. However, i tried my iPhone 7, iPad Mini 4, MacBook Pro, and Desktop PC. I'm pretty sure it's defective, was just hoping someone else had this issue and had a fix.

First I've heard of a bad remote, but anything is possible, surprised support didn't ask you to return it. Maybe Apple will swap it out, or at least they will have to get you another one. Good luck, what a bummer.

First I've heard of a bad remote, but anything is possible, surprised support didn't ask you to return it. Maybe Apple will swap it out, or at least they will have to get you another one. Good luck, what a bummer.

Support did ask me to send it in for repair and unfortunately Apple only had the one. Just my luck =/

Sorry to hear that Jake. I have cancelled my Mavic order due to some issues that I am reading about. I am learning to control my impulse buying...LOL! Seriously I am on the fence now between the Mavic and P4Pro. Good luck solving your issue.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

haha
I dont think Jake would be making such a rookie mistake.
Loving the long range gear for my inspire by the way

Very odd that both usb ports don't work.
Borrow your sisters lightning cable. Yours could be defective.
The last update did NOT allow 2 usb ports to work. Try unplugging the side usb port and use the bottom.

Try doing the update via wifi mode. Maybe it can communicate back to the controller for an update.
Last resort is to send back controller. This means you will have to goof around on wifi mode usual virtual sticks.

The mini USB port on my controller stopped working. That's the underside port. The USB micro port continued to work.

I don't like to have to continually take the case off my iPhone 7+ so I rarely use the built-in grips. As a result, I always use the mini port , until it stopped working.

After dealing with support, they decided to have me send the unit back for a repair or replacement. They said 1 to 2 weeks. We'll see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada