DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Delayed Mavic Shipment +'s

devinrhall

Reactions
first of all...i'm in everyone else's boat waiting for the mavic...one thing i want to tell you and highly recommend you think of this in the way i am...yes i want my mavic now just like everyone else...but there are some common issues going on with the mavic that i've been seeing...the sticks not responding correctly even after correct calibration from experienced dji customer pilots...these guys know how to fly and know what to do...the mavic obviously has some problems...another guy reported getting his with a couple dents in it which could've been a shipping problem but as secure as the box looks i don't see how...some fans aren't working...i could keep going but most of you have probably already seen these problems that people are reporting...what my point is...the longer we wait which sucks...but the longer we wait for ours...hopefully by then the firmware will be more polished and the bugs that people are reporting might be fixed...getting it sooner could mean a huge bug that has it falling from the sky...you never know...i want mine now...but i have to look at it in an optimistic way and say to myself...well if i do get it late maybe i'm going to have a better experience than the ppl who played guinea pig and some of those ppl by then might've had to order another one or might still be waiting on dji to fix their situation...which i believe everyone knows isn't a quick thing...just a thought...im being vague and im impatient to get it but i'm trying to find the positives in not receiving it asap.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I agree whole heartedly. I have always waited a few MONTHS before taking the plunge on a new DJI bird... there are always a few bugs to work out. I have other quads I can fly in the mean time.... and watching the posts about issues makes me aware what to look for when mine does arrive.

This is the first time I jumped on board before it was actually available... and I do not mind waiting. DJI has gotten better, but I swear on some of the early birds and control flight systems I think they were beta testing on the general public! :eek::D

I agree whole heartedly. I have always waited a few MONTHS before taking the plunge on a new DJI bird... there are always a few bugs to work out. I have other quads I can fly in the mean time.... and watching the posts about issues makes me aware what to look for when mine does arrive.

This is the first time I jumped on board before it was actually available... and I do not mind waiting. DJI has gotten better, but I swear on some of the early birds and control flight systems I think they were beta testing on the general public! :eek::D

lol i hear you...once we get the mavic we will hopefully be better off than the ones with problems...i don't want these guys to have problems i wish everyone would get their mavic in good shape but the fact is it's highly advanced and there will be bugs...im fine with waiting but id love to have it now id just be very careful...i wouldn't be flying it 200 feet over water or a city lol...id fly just around myself and test it for a while...im more of a responsible flyer and i don't have 1000 dollars often to throw into a drone so i won't be taking chances until im comfortable...and it will take personal testing for that...not dji testing...not drone experts...my own testing...each drone can be different...u should always test them and check them all over...just my opinion

Most problems will be corrected by updates. You think they are going to update all the Mavics that are boxed and waiting to ship?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Most problems will be corrected by updates. You think they are going to update all the Mavics that are boxed and waiting to ship?

Yup. I fixed my cracked shell with updates.

Keep an eye on the release date of the occusync sync goggles. I do think Dji was meant to release the fpv goggles the same time the mavic was meant to be launched. As of now, there is no official ovcusync fpv goggle release date

Yup. I fixed my cracked shell with updates.

Keep an eye on the release date of the occusync sync goggles. I do think Dji was meant to release the fpv goggles the same time the mavic was meant to be launched. As of now, there is no official ovcusync fpv goggle release date
Like I said..."most problems".

Last edited:

they won't update anything already packed...im sure as new updates come out that the ones being manufactured might have the latest update...i don't know though...either way updating isn't very hard and it will prompt you to update whenever new ones are available

Yes that was my point. Why wait "until they work out the bugs"...when basically you just update it when you get it if you have to. Now there maybe other issues that updates can't fix and that would require warranty service.

Last edited:
Yes that was my point. Why wait "until the work out the bugs"...when basically you just update it when you get it if you have to. Now there maybe other issues that updates can't fix and that would require warranty service.

yeah i think it has a one year warranty that starts when you activate the mavic

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121