DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Deleting unwanted photos/videos from Mavic Pro

looopson

Reactions
It appears that the Mavic Pro saves photos and videos to my smartphone's HD AND in the microSD card I have. Is that correct? So I need to delete the same unwanted photos in both my phone's photo gallery and the microSD card inside the drone via my computer. Is that normal?

Reactions: M4RK
You can set the cache in your phone so that it simply rolls over within a given memory allocation.

The SD card you treat as you do any SD card. Same as your DSLR.

yes, this is normal. I have the photos three times:
1) SD Card
2) DJI Go4 app
3) iPhone pictures

I am experiencing a different problem with the automatically created videos. Even if I delete them, they show up again the next time I start the app. End even if I delete the raw footage from my phone, the AutoEdit videos show up as a preview (which can't be played since the data is missing). But they always show up again...

If you are a normal human being and use OSX, then go into iTunes and go to the DJI GO app, open it and clear the records in the temp file. When opening the DJI Go4 App's flight record, just tap delete flight record

No clue of Evil Android

In Android you simply delete them, no hidden storage or deleted files like the iOS.

Also to note, if you stick the SD card in a Mac and delete the files they are still sitting in a newly created trash folder on the card and it does not free up space. You need to empty the trash after deleting files from an external card or USB. Most Mac users would hopefully have already found this out most likely the hard way!

Silly thing is if still viewing from the Mac the card appears empty, stick it into a Windows machine and you can see all the trash files still sitting there.

Reactions: GlenT
I just format the SD card in the Mavic before each flight. Remind me to add that to my preflight checklist haha.

Reactions: SeaComms
Also to note, if you stick the SD card in a Mac and delete the files they are still sitting in a newly created trash folder on the card and it does not free up space. You need to empty the trash after deleting files from an external card or USB. Most Mac users would hopefully have already found this out most likely the hard way!

Hi SeaComms

Could you please elaborate on this? How do I get this newly created Trash Can to show itself? I've deleted my files off the SD card, and now it "appears" empty.

If you are on a Mac it won't, they are treated as hidden files and folders. Empty the trash will remove the files (but leave the trash folder). On a PC you can see them all and delete them, or as geigy mentioned, format the card in the mavic using the Go 4 app.

Thanks for that. I guess a card format before each session is the way to go then :)

I also notice that in addition to caching the photos and videos, the DJI app is also storing numerous log files like "log-2017-05-08.txt". Do you guys routinely purge these? I try and open them but they appear to be corrupt. How do you even view them?

If you are on a Mac it won't, they are treated as hidden files and folders. Empty the trash will remove the files (but leave the trash folder). On a PC you can see them all and delete them, or as geigy mentioned, format the card in the mavic using the Go 4 app.
This is the same concept as delete Android data
Yeah , they are can not complete deleted on you Mac , unless these them has been covered by other data , but it will take you long time , maybe that is why people don't like to delete any data from Mac ,

Last edited:
Yeah , they are can not complete deleted on you Mac , unless these them has been covered by other data , but it will take you long time , maybe that is why people don't like to delete any data from Mac ,
This is not correct. If you make "hidden" files visible, you can just delete them. Like on a PC...

Aww I've been reading too many threads...
Umm fly over water.....a long way.... wait for ATTI mode, right stick up.... beep beep, then left stick down hard...
Your photos should be gone within minutes......
Sorry!!

Reactions: Ed M

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580