Delivered today, 11 days after placing the order

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by dacarter, Jan 9, 2017.

1. dacarter

dacarter Well-Known Member

So I decided to pull the trigger Dec 28 and was given a ship date of Jan 22. A few days later I got an email saying my ship date had been moved up to Jan 10. The tracking showed the drone coming all the way from China and it was delivered to my door today, 2 days early. I can't complain! After reading all the stories of delays last year, it looks like production is full swing and orders are being shipped quickly. I ordered from NewEgg. I'm trying to get home from work early to play with the new toy!

Mystiko likes this.
  2. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

Congratulations. I waited 2 months and 2 days for mine to arrive and only did so as the seller sold it at less than retail and also was a local authorized DJI seller .Only put down a deposit to preorder that was small in comparison to some who paid full price and then waited as long as I did. Those folks were pissed!

3. mcjoshin

mcjoshin Member

I drove across two states for a round-trip of 16 hours to get mine just a week ago lol... Sure wish I knew the backlog was gonna free up so quickly!!! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

frankiez and jackpea like this.
  4. BD0G

BD0G Well-Known Member

Holy mileage Batman! [​IMG]

BCM25 likes this.
  5. mcjoshin

mcjoshin Member

Right?!? Luckily it was a business write off for me. I was really hoping the shop was gonna have a few extra ones so I could've made a nice little profit by selling some extras on eBay. Unfortunately he only had two left, but at least the extra one did help make the trip worth it a little bit. Now I'm kicking myself knowing they're coming quick again though lol.

6. dewster

dewster Well-Known Member

I'm in my first trimester...of waiting for an authorized dealer to receive order and ship.

7. dacarter

dacarter Well-Known Member

The first flights went well last night. After seeing the Mavic in action, you understand why it cost as much as it does. Amazing technology. I kept it in Beginner mode and flew no higher than 25' at night above my driveway. Looking forward to more room and daylight. Luckily my iPad Mini 2 arrived yesterday as well. I have a Windows Phone so had to buy an Apple device for the Mavic.

The only issue I had was compass errors which kept me from taking off. When I moved the Mav from the concrete parking pad to a dirt area next it there was no problem, so I'm wondering if the rebarb in the concrete is affecting the compass.

8. Gtcuppels

Gtcuppels Active Member

The rebar in the concrete would set up a magnetic grid that will screw up and a compass. It would be like you trying to orient your compass in a car