DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Destin Florida Here

Depends on which side of Destin you're at. At the east side like Grayton Beach, Seaside, you have more opportunities to fly there. The west side have a lot of heliports, small airports and of course you have the bases close by. You can also fly by the Destin bridge, Crab Island but be careful and cognizant of the helicopter tours and parasailers. If I were to shoot video footage on the west side, I would go early morning. Late afternoon's would be cool but too many people around watching the sunset. Hope that helps.

Anyone from the Destin, FL area?

Niceville here. I've had my MP for about 2 weeks now. Flown a little bit around in my subdivision and up in Baker. It's tough finding places. Haven't tried going east yet. A friend of mine flies a Phantom on Okaloosa Island. He calls the Eglin tower and they give him the ok. I haven't tried it yet.

i've been going to the East more closer to Panama City. Lots of NFZ here. Can't even fly in my subdivision. do you have the UAV forecast app? i suggest you pick it up for the IOS.

Depends on which side of Destin you're at. At the east side like Grayton Beach, Seaside, you have more opportunities to fly there. The west side have a lot of heliports, small airports and of course you have the bases close by. You can also fly by the Destin bridge, Crab Island but be careful and cognizant of the helicopter tours and parasailers. If I were to shoot video footage on the west side, I would go early morning. Late afternoon's would be cool but too many people around watching the sunset. Hope that helps.

That's a great help! Thanks for your feedback. I'll be sure to check out those spots!

I love and fly in Destin. I'm close to the destin airport. The NFz is two streets over. Sometimes Elgin puts a huge blanket of NFZ out there. I have flown on the Harbor, the Island and a few resorts. It's a fun place to film but I'm sick of sunsets and beach shots.

Attachments

• IMG_5376.JPG
    IMG_5376.JPG
    687.5 KB · Views: 57
that's an awesome picture.

i may not be too far where you live then. I can't fly right at my subdivision since i'm right at the NFZ. Still nervous to fly my Mavic over water.

1990's Destin was the place!!! It's EXPLODED wow!!! Sad to say..

But hey man really cool picture super job. I remember when literally maybe 5% to 10% of that was there. Sleepy fishing town believe it or not. Circa 1990, etc.

Keep up the good work I would love to see more!

help please. I'm in Destin right now. At majestic sun the be exact. just update and now I can't fly because NFZ. According to DJi GEO map, this location is not in the red area. Yet my drone showing RED and would not let me take off. Any input will be great. I'm giving up on DJi slowly now

help please. I'm in Destin right now. At majestic sun the be exact. just update and now I can't fly because NFZ. According to DJi GEO map, this location is not in the red area. Yet my drone showing RED and would not let me take off. Any input will be great. I'm giving up on DJi slowly now

you'll have to login to dji unlock. select the yellow balloon that shows eglin- ft walton beach and that should help you.

Thanks so much for that info and the super quick answer. What I had to do is log out of my Dji account then log back in just for the app to give me a authorization screen where I put in my personal info.
I did manage to get going but that was after the main event had started n I missed out on the sunset.
I thought I had all my bases covered by powering up and got everything updated and ready to go 3 days before leaving the house. When I got to my destination, I was promoted to update then the situation happened. Just wonder what happened if my destination was in the middle of nowhere without wifi connection. This update too 20 mins with strong wifi connection.
Dji: I'm getting sick of playing all the game with you guys. We can't keep giving you personal information every time we want to fly or bricks our drone a bit more on each update. Sell are slowing down and people that may be interested then changed their mind after talking to user like me.
Enough crying from me......
Thanks again for the help. Fly safely people.

I will be either in Destin or Gulf Breeze Florida in a week or so. Should I take my Mavic or leave it at home? Just wondering if there is many opportunities there.

you'll be able to fly your drone as long as you're not close to an airport. just remember to do your unlocking from DJIs site to prevent any NFZ issues. Flying in any of the state parks here is prohibited. be mindful of tour helicopters and low flying planes when in the beaches they have right of way and make sure to notify control towers if you plan on flying in a beach close by the airports. Fly safe.

Anyone ever flown a drone at the Conservation Park which is west of Panama City Beach?

I rode bikes through the Conservation Area. It is a Wildlife area. Haven't tried flying there yet. Wasn't sure if it was ok or a no-no.... Of course the place is so huge I don't think anyone would even notice as long as flights were short.

Anyone know why I can't fly in crystal beach? I look on the DJI map and try to make an unlock plan. However, it just says it is just an enhanced warning zone. I see where people say to set up a flight plan for 3 days. When I put in my remote control serial number, it tells me to select a pin. But I can't. I see Elgin, but it's green. I though red was NFZ's. Anyone have some insight? TIA

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22