DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

gow7

Reactions
Hi,

I've updated to the latest firmware (.800) and everything went well (I usually keep my firmware updated).
But today I've experienced a strange behaviour, this message: "Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected" was shown more than once and for the first time. I don't know if it's related, I guess so, but my video stream (to the controller) was laggy and sometimes stayed stucked for a few long seconds.

Anyone experienced this?
Thanks.

ps: DJI GO 4 (4.1.2) on iPhone 6 with iOS 10.3.2.
I've used a memory clean app but nothing changed...

Reactions: ghedgepath
Interesting, probably got added in the latest app version?
On iOS it would be strange that any other app uses significant power in the background, so make sure your phone is cooled well enough. No case etc that holds heat in.

Reactions: lostinspace
Interesting, probably got added in the latest app version?
On iOS it would be strange that any other app uses significant power in the background, so make sure your phone is cooled well enough. No case etc that holds heat in.

No case (can't use mine with the controller) no other app opened and I've used battery doctor to "clean" memory. It's strange never happened before...

As for "Device CPU fully loaded" device stands for mobile phone or the Mavic itself? I guess it's related to the mobile device.

Yeah I had that , its the phone memory, and. You won't get any recording on the phone because you have no more memory..Clean up some videos, delete delete make some room..place everything on SD card and keep sufficient memory on the phone

Yeah I had that , its the phone memory, and. You won't get any recording on the phone because you have no more memory..Clean up some videos, delete delete make some room..place everything on SD card and keep sufficient memory on the phone

Makes sense, but I've 17,5Gb free so it's odd.

Reactions: Ty
I believe the cache size is limited and you either have the option to manually delete or set it so that once it hits a certain size it starts automatically deleting older files.

Yes and the cache size is 2Gb. I've deleted also but it kept happening.
Btw, isn't "Device CPU" not related to disk space? Eventually a RAM problem I guess.

Reactions: Ty
Yes and the cache size is 2Gb. I've deleted also but it kept happening.
Btw, isn't "Device CPU" not related to disk space? Eventually a RAM problem I guess.
Yes , RAM would make sense but you know I've had problems similar to this on my Android and I had plenty of space on my phone so I don't know if this is a glitch ??..happened twice now for me randomly.

Hi...surprisingly I've had exactly the same message for the first time two hours ago!
I'm on Ipad mini 2 with 64 gb...so plenty of space. To overcome this strange message I closed all other apps still running in background...including DJI Go 4 and relaunched it. Message is gone now

Ahh..sorry I use android ..
No problem, thanks for your input it will certainly help Android users with this issue :)

Hi...surprisingly I've had exactly the same message for the first time two hours ago!
I'm on Ipad mini 2 with 64 gb...so plenty of space. To overcome this strange message I closed all other apps still running in background...including DJI Go 4 and relaunched it. Message is gone now

I'll try again tomorrow after rebooting my phone.

I've started getting the same alert on both my iPhone 6 and iPad Air. I've used both for months and both have 6+ GB of space available.

I can only assume it came from a software/firmware update. Given that each of the devices and the MAVIC have updated recently it's anyone's guess which one is the issue.

Reactions: gow7 and enohp15
I wonder if this cpu usage warning is thus far an iPhone app feature only? I'm pretty sure the android app on my craptastic phone is never under 100% cpu usage, but I don't get such warning.

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
I wonder if this cpu usage warning is thus far an iPhone app feature only? I'm pretty sure the android app on my craptastic phone is never under 100% cpu usage, but I don't get such warning.
Same with me, Samsung A5 only 2GB free space on devise, CPU running at top whack, no warnings.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54