DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Device CPU fully loaded. Related performance will be affected

I'm using iphone. I never had that kind of error though. I also never installed memory clean like app on my apple devices. At least after iphone 3gs for a long time ago. That app is useless. I recommend you to remove it. I'm using dji go 4.1.2 and using 0.700 firmware. Try downgrade or upgrade your firmware, if the problems still occur you can contact support at apple store so you also include the log on your phone

Just burned through three batteries with the latest dji go update and NO cpu warning. At times video seemed a wee bit choppy but i was also getting poor controller signal warnings. Not definitive by any means but i am going to assume the bug is fixed and start flying my drone again. Woohoo.

Reactions: gow7 and GB-Paul
I got the same message on my device today. I pad mini 2 dedicated for flying only. I just turned it on running for about 10 minutes cool to touch and overcast approx 25 deg Celsius. Latest software ver.900.

Reactions: whichwayisup
I thought I would fix my issue because I've got project to do by getting android device yesterday which I did & that even worse, keeps rebooting the app every often which I was reading android forms and they are in other world of problems with Go4...
Best idea wait for the update on IOS world here is much stable than android...

Just burned through three batteries with the latest dji go update and NO cpu warning. At times video seemed a wee bit choppy but i was also getting poor controller signal warnings. Not definitive by any means but i am going to assume the bug is fixed and start flying my drone again. Woohoo.

Yes same for me , the update seems to have fixed it.

Reactions: Ty
I have seen this when I was using an old out of service iPhone 5s. The video was lagging and at one point I did not know where my mavic was due to it's lagging. I now use my iPhone 6s in do not disturb mode so I don't get calls while flying.

Using iPad Mini, latest firmware. I experience the CPU error code when using 4K. No issues using 1080. Have not tried other resolutions.

Using 4k ios updated GO is unusable. Why do they keep making the mavic worse and worse. Constant CPU overload.

Hi. I have an Iphone 6 (original). I've been experiencing problems with laggy video for around 1-2 months now, quite frustrating. So if you're like me - don't feel alone. I have read just about every forum post on the issue, and tried everything other than downgrading firmware/app version. I was experiencing the laggy video before the 'CPU warning' appeared. Then the CPU warning started appearing as well. With 4.1.3, CPU warning gone, video feed may be better, but the lag issue is still there.

I have experienced severe lag issues when using the active track mode, which I expect is computationally expensive. It's as if there is a real bottleneck with the processing power of the Iphone. I have seen someone else post a similar observation.

The video off the SD card itself is always perfect. It is an issue with the image transmission, and I guess - the IPhone + App.

Here is the complete list of everything tried, after reviewing 'every post'. It's hard to say whether these things 'improved' anything, but I would say generally - they didn't, and the problem seems to be still there:

1. Airplane mode on Iphone (prevent interference from wireless/cellular on mobile and controller transmission)
2. Use a USB cable into the USB port at base of controller (on basis that the other smaller cable on side is 'dodgy')
3. In Iphone settings / general / Background App Refresh, disable background app refresh.(on basis that other apps interfere with DJI Go)
4. On Iphone, double press home button and swipe up to close all other apps.
5. In DJI Go, general settings, disable 'cache during video shooting'. I now don't have a local copy of video, the theory was that this was too intensive on the Iphone.
6. Factory reset the Iphone and reinstall with only the DJI Go App.
7. In DJI Go Image Transmission settings, click 'Custom' channel mode , select 10MHz bandwidth (on the basis that this is less intensive transmission), and manually pick a frequency with low interference. PIck 'Normal mode' for image transmission.

Still left to try:
1. Flying in a variety of greater locations, to understand whether I am suffering from local signal interference in urban areas. I think when I flew somewhere further from urban areas the problem almost went away. It's really hard to measure, and between full time job and family, the time left in my day to be DJI's guinea pig is rather limited....
2. Further testing using my wifes Iphone 6. When I tried this once, it did appear better than on my Iphone 6. Maybe. Hard to tell.
3. Firmware and app downgrade. I read the instructions on this forum and it seemed complicated, and frankly I don't want to mess with things I don't understand.
4. Learning to live with a bit / some lag. I guess this is hard because I have the perception that others are using the mavic, flying out 7km and have no lag issues ever. That makes me think I have a problem.

Sigh.

Hi. I have an Iphone 6 (original). I've been experiencing problems with laggy video for around 1-2 months now, quite frustrating. So if you're like me - don't feel alone. I have read just about every forum post on the issue, and tried everything other than downgrading firmware/app version. I was experiencing the laggy video before the 'CPU warning' appeared. Then the CPU warning started appearing as well. With 4.1.3, CPU warning gone, video feed may be better, but the lag issue is still there.

I have experienced severe lag issues when using the active track mode, which I expect is computationally expensive. It's as if there is a real bottleneck with the processing power of the Iphone. I have seen someone else post a similar observation.

The video off the SD card itself is always perfect. It is an issue with the image transmission, and I guess - the IPhone + App.

Here is the complete list of everything tried, after reviewing 'every post'. It's hard to say whether these things 'improved' anything, but I would say generally - they didn't, and the problem seems to be still there:

1. Airplane mode on Iphone (prevent interference from wireless/cellular on mobile and controller transmission)
2. Use a USB cable into the USB port at base of controller (on basis that the other smaller cable on side is 'dodgy')
3. In Iphone settings / general / Background App Refresh, disable background app refresh.(on basis that other apps interfere with DJI Go)
4. On Iphone, double press home button and swipe up to close all other apps.
5. In DJI Go, general settings, disable 'cache during video shooting'. I now don't have a local copy of video, the theory was that this was too intensive on the Iphone.
6. Factory reset the Iphone and reinstall with only the DJI Go App.
7. In DJI Go Image Transmission settings, click 'Custom' channel mode , select 10MHz bandwidth (on the basis that this is less intensive transmission), and manually pick a frequency with low interference. PIck 'Normal mode' for image transmission.

Still left to try:
1. Flying in a variety of greater locations, to understand whether I am suffering from local signal interference in urban areas. I think when I flew somewhere further from urban areas the problem almost went away. It's really hard to measure, and between full time job and family, the time left in my day to be DJI's guinea pig is rather limited....
2. Further testing using my wifes Iphone 6. When I tried this once, it did appear better than on my Iphone 6. Maybe. Hard to tell.
3. Firmware and app downgrade. I read the instructions on this forum and it seemed complicated, and frankly I don't want to mess with things I don't understand.
4. Learning to live with a bit / some lag. I guess this is hard because I have the perception that others are using the mavic, flying out 7km and have no lag issues ever. That makes me think I have a problem.

Sigh.
You only need to downgrade the app. Please find digdat0's video on how to do it. It's much easier than Ramjet's video. Go to 4.0.8 or lower.

I wasn't sure if I saw this link in this topic yet. Here is how to rollback your version. I haven't tried this yet. Hopefully with the update, won't need to

This will no longer work on new iphones as version 12 itunes no longer supports new iphones like the 7 plus. also the charles proxy version 3.6 is no longer available from that site it is now 3.7. \so another workaround is needed this is my last hate wit IOS that they dont allow downgrades of apps.

I think this has nothing to do with DJI Go4, I did experiment if you record in 4K for almost 12 running the Mavic without shutting down you’ll get that lag even in android but if you record 1080 works smooth...
When i got worning CPU over loaded I tried to delete or play files from the Mavic via IPhone/iPad which takes too long to open or sometimes it won’t open even if i restart iPhone/ iPad, therefore only if switch off the Mavic & turn back on then you’ll be able to delete or play the files...
We just have to wait for DJI to release another update for the Mavic which is newer ver of 01.03.0900

Only started after most recent GO update. Hundreds of flights on .900 with no CPU issues on iPad mini, but after update I can't even record 1080p without extreme chop.

This will no longer work on new iphones as version 12 itunes no longer supports new iphones like the 7 plus. also the charles proxy version 3.6 is no longer available from that site it is now 3.7. \so another workaround is needed this is my last hate wit IOS that they dont allow downgrades of apps.
Any news on how to downgrade properly? Man I can't even fly it. It's really bad video. I might just use my android phone until they do an update on the app. Unreal.

You only need to downgrade the app. Please find digdat0's video on how to do it. It's much easier than Ramjet's video. Go to 4.0.8 or lower.

Thanks.Just tried again in a sports field and at height. Persistent lag (not continuous, but persistent), and the CPU error also returned.

I'm going to roll back to 4.0.5 because of this post Choppy video feed and Gjanu's comments about his experience which seem the closest to mine, and which was solved by 4.0.5 DJiGo. A lot of people here seem to just be complaining about 4.1.2 patch, but my problems go back earlier than that.

Really don't want to mess about but what choice do I have. Does anyone know the answers to the following (I'm going to roll back and see what happens, but this might not help me to to figure out the below):

1. Am I safe to keep the .0900 firmware on the mavic, but rolling back to 4.0.5 DJI GO? 4.0.5 went with the .0500 firmware. Would I be safest to try and roll back the firmware to .0500 to align with the version of DJI Go?

2. 4.1.0 of DJI Go introduced the restricted height etc if not logged in to the app. Am I going to create a problem by rolling back to 4.0.5, particularly with current firmware?

3. 4.1.0 (.0800 firmware) also introduced "Optimized color shading in for improved footage quality". Am I going to lose this? A lot of other patch improvements I don't care about but it sucks if image quality will also suffer.

I have spoken with dji customer service and they do not have a scheduled update yet. They are saying keep the iPad cool and upgrade your iPad to a newer model. typical answer. But, I have turned off most of the app services and iPad uses in the background from the settings menu. I went into every single sub menu and found bunch of stuff on like apple ad service safari, location related etc. I have ipad mini 2. And I don't have anything on my iPad set up like email Facebook etc. Only two apps dji go 4 and hanger 360. That's it. Plus I just did the new firmware update they released. And success! No lagg, no choppy video. Smooth. Try that guys. Because dji customer service is no help. I also picked the smooth option on the transmission quality not normal or HD. You can tell too as soon as you pick the smooth mhz increases by double value. Hope it helps.

Reactions: CoolBreeze
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803