Join Us Now

DFW Mavic Pilots!

Not according to B4UFLY

1221bd0b1fa2f54f01a99ee8b2c74763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not according to B4UFLY

1221bd0b1fa2f54f01a99ee8b2c74763.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I could be totally mistaken (noob here) but the rings around the helipads are closer to the correct 5 mile regulation distance, I'm thinking the one showing around DFW is a different airspace requirement. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Sent from my SM-G900T using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: jpbecker2112
I wouldn't worry about helipad as long as you're not traveling beyond LOS, I fly immediately South of DFW international (for commercial purposes) and have only had 1 occasion where a helicopter was present near the pad and it was clearly above my ceiling. Be careful and follow the rules but I wouldn't concern to much with helipads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I'm over in Bedford area. Would definitely be interested in meeting fellow owners. Haven't met one yet, just lots of interested people in the Mavic.

Sent from my SM-T817V using MavicPilots mobile app

I'm in the Frisco / Plano area, and would enjoy meeting up with some fellow MP owners.

Does anybody have the phone number to call to give heads up to DFW for flying in their vicinity? I've called Dallas Executive, he chuckled and said, yeah, not much going on here today. I am really wondering if these airports are going to get tired of me calling them all the time. There's really nowhere in the DFW area that you can fly without having to call one airport or another!

In Prosper, great fields to fly around up here. Flew yesterday in Coppell over near Andy Brown park. My dad and brother each got a Mavic as well so we all met up and flew yesterday.
You can't fly in Brown park! We drove all the way up here to find this sign and a parks truck monitoring the park.

Attachments

• 20170225_132914.jpg
    20170225_132914.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23
You can't fly in Brown park! We drove all the way up here to find this sign and a parks truck monitoring the park.
Don't know if y'all know about the following Meet And Greet with the FAA. I'm registered, 100 max with 72 already signed up.

March - Meet the FAA Day!
Print ticket Export Tell a friend Share
Saturday, March 11, 2017
12:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Nedderman Hall at the University of Texas at Arlington
Room 100, Arlington, TX (map)

Representatives will be available for a panel discussion on anything drone that you would like to ask. For example, Drone business questions, FAA policy, Airspace issues, "I've heard that the FAA...", and even the question what do you recommend I do?

This is going to be the best bet in town for you to get answers straight from the horses mouth so bring your best questions!

If you want someone or some skill set added to the panel PLEASE ASK! Message Chad Frazer ASAP so we can get this show on the road!

This meeting is for ALL DRONE USERS, business or hobby types alike!

Panel:

Rob Lowe, FAA Terminal District Manager - Can answer many airspace and "can I fly here" questions

CONFIRMED: CDR Arjuna Fields, US Navy Military Liaison to the FAA - Can answer questions regarding FAA and military drone policies.

CONFIRMED: Chad Frazer, Host and Civilian Drone Expert - Can answer technology, best practices and operations questions.

CONFIRMED: Alvin Brunner - Aviation Safety, Can answer most if not all FAA policy questions

CONFIRMED: Kyle Hardman, FAA Flight Instructor and Part 107 Instructor - Can answer Part 107 questions including where to go to get a prep class

Brian Krinner - Dallas Love Field Air Traffic Control Trainer - Can answer all airspace policies and uses as well as how to talk to ATC

AUVSI Representative is possible

Chris Doherty - Local FAA Drone Enforcement Officer

Douglas Boyson - Air Traffic Manager at Dallas Love Field

Jason B Melvin - Drone Lawyer here in Texas

CONFIRMED: Lloyd Wright - FAA Safety Team Representative for sUAS North Texas FSDO

Attendee Cap: 100

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rugnrollseo