DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did I break something?

Matchlock

Reactions
Well, thanks to all of you that chipped in to help me yersterday I was able to set up and fly my new Mavic Pro.

One thing I forgot to mention though was this.

When I installed my iPad Mini 4 into the "holders" on the side of the controller, this little gem popped out and onto the table. Automatically my brain said, "you idiot, now you've gone and busted the thing."

Hopefully, I really haven't but I have no idea what it is that popped off the controller when I did this.

Cam anyone tell me what it is and how do I re-install it if necessary? I hope I haven't done something really stupid here and all will be well.

Thanks for the help.

Bud
Mavic_Part.jpg

It's just used to hold the cable in place inside of the left remote controller arm. I removed mine.

DJI-Mavic-Pro-Record-Gimbal_thumb.jpg

Reactions: Matchlock
It is what the side cord plug goes into to plug your phone into the side of the controller. Just hang onto it to use if you decide to use your phone again.

Thank you very much, and the photo is a big help. When something pops out and you're new with the Mavic, I got a little panicky. Sometimes that's good though as it assures me that my heart is still beating. Really fast too when this sort of things happens.

I also appreciated all the help you've given me with my Phantom 4 Pro as well so thank you for that as well.

All the best to you,

Bud

It's just used to hold the cable in place inside of the left remote controller arm. I removed mine.

View attachment 9498

I find it easier to use without that thing anyway. Although I mostly use a tablet these days, when I do use the phone, I don't bother with it.

Reactions: Anthonyk
So, it's not like I really need it for anything, right?

Thanks for the help.

Bud

I find it easier to use without that thing anyway. Although I mostly use a tablet these days, when I do use the phone, I don't bother with it.

Thanks, but that'll won't happen because I've never had a cell phone and never will.

Bud

It is what the side cord plug goes into to plug your phone into the side of the controller. Just hang onto it to use if you decide to use your phone again.

Well, I'm over 70 and never found the need for one so I just never bought one. Please don't take this the wrong way as I know they have some use for a lot of people but I just hate the annoying things. If I go out to dinner with my wife of 45 years, I get very angry when someone at the table near us whips out a cell phone and starts a conversation the whole place can hear. They just annoy me to no end. My son, on the other hand, is a forensic analyst and a Private Detective and I think his is permanently attached to his ear.

Bud

Are you one of the lucky few that can do without a cell phone?!!

Well, I'm over 70 and never found the need for one so I just never bought one. Please don't take this the wrong way as I know they have some use for a lot of people but I just hate the annoying things. If I go out to dinner with my wife of 45 years, I get very angry when someone at the table near us whips out a cell phone and starts a conversation the whole place can hear. They just annoy me to no end. My son, on the other hand, is a forensic analyst and a Private Detective and I think his is permanently attached to his ear.

Bud
I long for the day when I can clamp mine a vise and listen to the crunch!

Bud
I too would like a wife of only 45 when I am in my 70s - any advice on how you do that? I suppose I could stick mine in cryogenics for 25 years.

The best way to deal with a phone user in a restaurant? Just watch and learn from Tony Soprano dealing with the fellow who wouldn't remove his hat.

I too would like a wife of only 45 when I am in my 70s - any advice on how you do that? I suppose I could stick mine in cryogenics for 25 years.

The best way to deal with a phone user in a restaurant? Just watch and learn from Tony Soprano dealing with the fellow who wouldn't remove his hat.
I believe by wife of 45 years he means they've been married for that amount of time. That too is quite admirable in this day and age.

Ha!! I guess you have me there. I should have worded that a little differently shouldn't I? I meant of course, that I've been married to the same wonderful lady for 45 years. She's a gem, but I put up with her anyway.

Reactions: HeavensAbove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus