DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did the recent batch of Mavic Controller change?

zimode

Reactions
I been playing around with my controller ( just got the Mavic yesterday) and I really don't see how a 8' tablet can fit into it.. in past video's the right arm was hitting the "sport" mode button.. well my can't and I'm tried fitting in a tab of paper that was 8' to see if that would fit and it doesn't off by approx 16th of a inch.. at least that is what I can tell..

Reactions: Kilrah

Msininger vid shows how the corners of the tablet fit into the slots on the controller. I'm using a 8 inch tablet and it fits perfectly

Which is the point... on the video the arm can hit the Sport mode switch, but on (later?) radios like mine it's absolutely impossible, you'd have to break the arm. I don't have an iPad mini, but based on that it seems the little difference would turn "just barely fits" into "doesn't fit".

Last edited:
It barellllly fits. I didn't think an iPad would go in there but it will

File/cut down the arm where it almost hits the button. Its just there for aesthetics. Do it both sides and you can fit larger tablets.

Well.. this is a circular post.. The controller that I have the "right arm" doesn't come close to hitting the "sport" button when fully extended.. It's about 1/16 of an inch away from it.. That's why I don't think an 8" tablet will fit.. as now with the controller (that I have) with the arms fully extended it not a "full" 8" in width.. it's a tad shorter.. anyway that's what my controller arms do, there's no need to file them down to not hit the sport button, it will never hit the sport button..

This is with the tablet in the controller

Attachments

• IMG_20161206_180826438.jpg
    IMG_20161206_180826438.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 159
This is one of the tablet in the controller

Attachments

• IMG_20161206_180826438.jpg
    IMG_20161206_180826438.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 117
I did also see in a few earlier post that people complained that the controller pressed on the home button on samsung phones but the cut out on my controller is wide enough to fit the samsung button just fine ....

Is this different for anyone else ?

I did also see in a few earlier post that people complained that the controller pressed on the home button on samsung phones but the cut out on my controller is wide enough to fit the samsung button just fine ....

Is this different for anyone else ?

What samsung?? S7 or S7 Edge??

To the OP: I noticed and also posted about this design change on the controller and so it seems that there has been a slight design change. Received my Flymore combo from Newegg on 11/21. I agree that it seems like this change was made to eliminate the chances of accidentally switching to Sport mode. It also prevents the use of iPad mini without some modifications on the user end.

Here's my controller fully opened and not touching sport switch/button:
IMG_3963.JPG

And with Ipad mini 2:
IMG_3964.JPG
And with ipad air 2...just for the heck of it:
IMG_3967.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members