DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Did you know your Mavic charger could do this?

However I did get an adapter with my fly more combo that attaches to my Mavic battery to charge USB items.
True and it is very handy to charge my phone or the RC with half empty batteries.
But that's not a secret since it is sold and documented by DJI.
Anyway. I'm out here.

"I bet your DJI Mavic Charger can't do this".

That's because that black block that comes with the Mavic is NOT a charger. It is just a power supply. The charger is in the battery itself. It's the same for the Phantom series as well. It's just a power supply, and NOT a battery charger.

Griz

Pretty interesting thing you're 5-1 Chinese Charger can do!

While very cool, it would be interesting to learn whether that's an intentional function by the 3rd-party charger manufacturer or whether the circuitry doesn't prevent power flowing the other way by virtue of poor design.

If the latter, then there's a lot of unknowns there around overheating and potentially short circuiting - do be careful!

In the video you also mention that it doesn't have a ground (despite connecting via a 3 pin earthed power supply and creating potentially a high load if 4 mavic batteries and 2 USB powered items are all drawing current), which leaves me a little reluctant to think this is an intentional and properly designed feature on the board.

Reactions: Andrew Bober
Just buy the DJI battery adapter for $20.

Attachments

• E020BC1F-7679-47D0-8202-BC20386741DD-522-0000009E478C510B.jpeg
    E020BC1F-7679-47D0-8202-BC20386741DD-522-0000009E478C510B.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Kilrah
While very cool, it would be interesting to learn whether that's an intentional function by the 3rd-party charger manufacturer or whether the circuitry doesn't prevent power flowing the other way by virtue of poor design.

The DJI P4 charger and I think the I1 charger both do the same thing which lets you charge the controller if you have a pack attached but no mains supply...

All haters.
Nah. Just a bit annoyed at today's world where people feel they need to clickbait a whopping 6 minute video for something that could be described in one line of text, and lose both their time and more importantly ours in the process just for a bit of Youtube traffic.

Why would anyone purposely use up the limited life cycles of a 100 $ mavic battery, unless it was an emergency and you really needed usb power

Dear,

The original charger when it detects that the Battery is 100% charged, it switches off and does not charge any more.

My charger 5 in 1 keeps charging even when the Green LED on the charger lights up.
After a few minutes the LED3 on the Battery starts blinks twice per second informing "Over charge detected."

Dear,

The original charger when it detects that the Battery is 100% charged, it switches off and does not charge any more.

My charger 5 in 1 keeps charging even when the Green LED on the charger lights up.
After a few minutes the LED3 on the Battery starts blinks twice per second informing "Over charge detected."

Yep Scary Chinese tech! Did yours have a sticker over the misspelled "Mavick" on the package?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian