DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Didn't think it would happen to me .......Crash

Chickenskat

Reactions
I was flying in my front yard after clearing with small local airport. I flew the same boring path I usually fly several times my Mavic and dozens of times with my P3. I was strafing sideways down the street at about 5 feet and it abruptly flipped landing upside down. I checked it out and it had a few minor scratches. Didn't even break a prop. The only thing weird was the power was off on the Mavic. Probably from the upside down jolt. So I restarted it and a puff of smoke came out of the Mavic below the battery. I immediately took the batter out. I'm assuming my Mavic is dead. What should I do ?

Ok I might have figured out why it made the magic smoke. One motor is a little stiffer than the others. Must have fried the esc. That doesn't explain why it flipped in mid flight. Was it because the motor seized in flight or from landing upside down. The motor bell seems to turn true. Do you call or email DJI?

From my past dealings with them I have called the California
# and talked with them and have received an RMA lapel
In my e mail within 24 hrs .
Got through 1 time right off then other time it took me about
15 minutes on hold. YMMV

Reactions: 604Pilot
Thanks guys. Should I make the flight log available for you guys to look at and if so can you point me to the thread that shows how? Thanks again !

Look in msingers signature it's all there.

yikes, a defective cell? when i got a puff of smoke on my HPI Vorza RC it caught on fire and burnt my speed controller :(

Ok I might have figured out why it made the magic smoke. One motor is a little stiffer than the others. Must have fried the esc. That doesn't explain why it flipped in mid flight. Was it because the motor seized in flight or from landing upside down. The motor bell seems to turn true. Do you call or email DJI?
My first thought was a prop came off or a motor dropped out or seized up. Bummer regardless. Sorry for your loss.

I had a ahh-sheet yesterday with my P4P, didn't quadruple check the props and went to take off and one flew right off, the P4P flipped right over onto it's props....

By the way I can't retrieve my dat file since the the internal electronics are fried. The video up to the point when it flipped is on my phone but I had changed resolution from 4K to 1080 before the flight and it won't play from the micro sd card on any of my media players for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim596 and bri808
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme