DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Difference between dji Go an Go 4.0

Alex El Caballo

Reactions
So as the title states what are the differences?
They are different apps what else?
Forgive the question. I am still waiting for my bird and I'm gathering as much info before 1st flight.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: bruceC
DJI GO 4 is currently nearly identical to DJI GO. You should use DJI GO 4 since it has been designed for the Mavic (and the other aircraft it supports).

I'm assuming the Mavic will eventually no longer work with DJI GO as new releases come out. We'll have to wait and see if that's the direction DJI heads.

Reactions: MavicProMX
I like the new features of the editor. It automatically puts together and creates a quick video using various clips from video shot that day. Other than that, as msinger said, nearly identical to its predecessor.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

DJI GO 4 is currently nearly identical to DJI GO. You should use DJI GO 4 since it has been designed for the Mavic (and the other aircraft it supports).

I'm assuming the Mavic will eventually no longer work with DJI GO as new releases come out. We'll have to wait and see if that's the direction DJI heads.
Are you using dji go 4 now? I'm just worried about switching over .

I am. It's been working okay for me so far.

Android DJI GO 3.x works very well with my Samsung S7 edge. (100 + flights)
Android DJI GO 4.0 routinely crashes with my Samsung S7 edge.

Reactions: Andrew F
I only used GO4 on my Sony Xperia XZ from the beginning and had no issues yet. I guess they mainly removed all the outdated code from P2V+ and P3 to make the app more sleek for future enhancements.

I like the new features of the editor. It automatically puts together and creates a quick video using various clips from video shot that day. Other than that, as msinger said, nearly identical to its predecessor.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Read the reviews before you try to use 4. Not looking too good.

Go4 won't even open on my cheapie China Droid. No problems with Go3. I hope they maintain Go3 for a while yet.

I installed 4 on my phone (Moto X Pure) and it sucks... the map still doesn't follow, and yesterday it completely froze in mid-flight. I had to initiate a RTH from the controller. I never had any problems with the original Go app on 3.0.1. The update on that up to 3.1.0 caused the map to stop following, which is really annoying. Luckily I archived a 3.0.1 version that I can install. I have it installed on my old phone (Note 3), that I can use instead of my every-day phone until the issues with 4 are resolved.

Seems the Android ver of GO 4 might be having issues, on my IOS device (iPhone 6+) after 10 flights I can't tell the difference either, do like the new editor clip builder, kind of like the FB function that puts a bunch of photos into a slide show with music, speaking of which there is some new music in GO 4 Editor also. I just wish they (DJI) would fix the iPhone battery leak issue.

Seems the Android ver of GO 4 might be having issues, on my IOS device (iPhone 6+) after 10 flights I can't tell the difference either, do like the new editor clip builder, kind of like the FB function that puts a bunch of photos into a slide show with music, speaking of which there is some new music in GO 4 Editor also. I just wish they (DJI) would fix the iPhone battery leak issue.
New pilot here. Please explain " I just wish they (DJI) would fix the iPhone battery leak issue." Thanks

New pilot here. Please explain " I just wish they (DJI) would fix the iPhone battery leak issue." Thanks
As compared to the P3/4 the Mavic seems to use an inordinate amount of iPhone battery power per flight. Where as my P3 with DJI GO used less than 10% power per flight the Mavic is using 20%, so four flights will run your phone down to less than 20% power, not good.

As compared to the P3/4 the Mavic seems to use an inordinate amount of iPhone battery power per flight. Where as my P3 with DJI GO used less than 10% power per flight the Mavic is using 20%, so four flights will run your phone down to less than 20% power, not good.
Thanks.. I had a different vision of 'leak'... now I understand. safe flying

Am I looking in the wrong place or have the flight records disappeared in the DJI Go 4 app?
I could access all that stuff even when not connected before but now can't find them or the button to get to them.

Reactions: djborden
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest