difference between ordering from DJI or DJI Store on Amazon.com

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by jerryss, Nov 1, 2016.

1. jerryss

jerryss New Member

Is there any difference in ordering from DJI.com or from the DJI Store on Amazon.com?

(I'm leaning to ordering via Amazon, Amazon are very good in case of problems with the order)

thanks in advance,
    Jerry

2. msinger

msinger Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

The only difference is that Amazon handles the payment instead of DJI. The Mavic will be shipped directly by DJI in both cases.

3. generaltso

generaltso Well-Known Member

DJI will charge you when you order. DJI through Amazon won't charge you until it ships. BUT, if you order through Amazon, and DJI doesn't ship by the time window they provide on the listing, Amazon will cancel the order.

4. msinger

Approved Vendor

Amazon will email you before cancelling your order. Others have worked around that issue by contacting Amazon support and asking them to keep the order open.

5. generaltso

Doesn't work. Believe me, I've been trying for days. Amazon will not hold the order open if DJI doesn't mark it as shipped. I've got 2 more days before my order gets cancelled. DJI keeps telling me that it will ship by then, so not to worry. I sure hope it does.

6. msinger

Approved Vendor

Ah, well, that's no fun. DJI direct might be the better way to go then for now.

7. Aleng P

Aleng P Member

I ordered through Amazon DJI store and it was shipped out within the window. Amazon did say that they would cancel the order but I asked them to keep it open. DJI rep contacted me via email and said that it would ship the next day. It worked out for me but I kept emailing both DJI and Amazon asking for a status. I didn't believe that it would ship when they said it did but it did ship and I got it a day earlier than the delivery date. Hope it works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. generaltso

Yes, you can certainly ask them to keep it open, which I've also done. But they won't. I'm still hopeful that DJI will ship mine tomorrow. They've been adimant that it will ship before the order gets cancelled.

9. Richard in Ky

Richard in Ky Member

I received the same E-Mail saying they will cancel the order and I tried to extend it and just got a headache. Trying to get a simple extension.
    They said if they do not get a shipping conformation by Nov. the 3 it would be canceled I ordered it 9/27/2016 I got a response that it was shipped yesterday from Drone World. Also Drone World just started shipping them Monday.