DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Different type air space

J Milender

Reactions
Can anybody tell me what this airspace is? I've only seen it twice now
2ef7de8c66ef515475c5cb6b07c41dbe.jpg

If it's gray like that, it's usually a temporary flight ban. Though that one's over an airport so i dont know.

Usually its for VIP's (President, king, ect visiting.) or 1 hour and 1 hour after major sporting events such as NFL, Basketball or baseball.

Looking at the plane icon right in the middle of that radius, I'd say an airport. The app you are using reports the information you are seeing so they can write anything (even incorrect information) they want.

Oh. I wasn't too sure, like I said I've seen that one other time and I can't remember where it was. interesting, I guess I would still call them and find out for sure I'm not going to fly here I'm just passing through, but I thought I'd pull it up and check just in case I was here again thanks guys.

Incorrect previous posts.

It is "Restricted Airspace" which is one of the other classifications of special use airspace.
From the FAA
"A restricted area is airspace within which the operation of aircraft is subject to restriction. Restricted areas are established to separate activities considered to be hazardous to other aircraft, such as artillery firing or aerial gunnery."​

If you look at the sectional charts, yes I know, who does this, you will see the area and the general warning about staying below 400 ft.
This is not a temporary flight restriction (TFR)

Incorrect previous posts.

It is "Restricted Airspace" which is one of the other classifications of special use airspace.
From the FAA
"A restricted area is airspace within which the operation of aircraft is subject to restriction. Restricted areas are established to separate activities considered to be hazardous to other aircraft, such as artillery firing or aerial gunnery."​

If you look at the sectional charts, yes I know, who does this, you will see the area and the general warning about staying below 400 ft.
This is not a temporary flight restriction (TFR)

Ah, makes since I guess. AirMap usually shows that in red for me and grey is temp flight restrictions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake