different versions?

Discussion in 'Mavic Pro Discussions' started by anzacjack, Oct 28, 2016.

1. anzacjack

anzacjack Well-Known Member

I have just been speaking to the team at Rise Above, and they told me that DJI have stated the delays to Australia are due to a different version coming here. I am aware of the different radio specs between the USA and Europe, but so far DJI have been shipping to both the USA and Europe, so Im guessing this isnt the difference.
    Has anyone heard of any rumours about a different version for Australia (and possibly other locations)

2. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    There are different versions for all countries as they ship with different power adaptors for US & CA, EU, CN, AU, KR, JP, TW.

3. ovyyus

ovyyus Active Member

Did Rise Above say when?

4. anzacjack

Of course. That makes sense.
    Thanks mate

No Rise Above still have the canned DJI response of 1-2 weeks

5. Mako79

Mako79 Well-Known Member

Really? A $2 cable?

I was told DJI had to flip the compass and IMU upside down to accommodate for our hemisphere...

Sparky1963 likes this.
  6. Sparky1963

Sparky1963 Member

I received this from Rise Above...

We received an email this morning from DJI notifying us that due to the high demand for the DJI Mavic Pro, there has been a delay in the shipment of the DJI Mavic Pro globally. This means that delivery of the DJI Mavic Pro will also be delayed for all Australian customers and dealers nationwide, however we have been assured that we will still be at the top of the queue to receive the Mavic Pro shipment. At this point we believe it will only be a couple of weeks before DJI starts shipping (late October/early November). We will update as soon as we have more information.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

7. quesoburgesa

quesoburgesa Active Member

The need for a different accessory such as a power point adapter would in no way necessitate the designation of a different 'version', and wouldn't delay the dispatch of drones to different countries. We're talking about the prongs on a plug having different shapes, and it's possible that the drone ships with a variety of adapters. I think that if there are indeed different versions, it's due to changes that are more substantial.

8. quesoburgesa

quesoburgesa Active Member

It would be nice if riseabove would email its customers who have mavics on backorder - seems like it would reduce the number of inquiries they'd receive. I've been holding off emailing them because they said they'd update me when they had more info, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

9. bakerboy

bakerboy Well-Known Member

More like rise above have taken way too many pre orders than they can meet on the first shipment to them

10. Jeromeo

Jeromeo Active Member

IMG_20161028_183015.jpg
    They think they will be ok. we just have to see.

11. bakerboy

They're continually taking pre orders but would have had to submit a number weeks ago, I doubt they'll be okay IMO

12. anzacjack

I think they would have ordered a 100 of them weeks ago, as this is the number they are advertising for their deal.
    I have every bit of faith in Rise Above and their team. They are in the same boat as all of us except they have all of us on their case as well.
    There is really nothing that can be done until DJI start shipping down under

13. bakerboy

Elk fish robotic had 30 preorder names down out their supposed 50 order, I'm dubious

14. Advexure

Advexure Well-Known Member
    Approved Vendor

Los Angeles, CA - New York, NY - Sheboygan, WI
    They technically are classified as a different version according to DJI as a Mavic (USA & CA) has a different SKU, UPC and EAN than a Mavic (AU).

We really do not know as obviously we are not receiving in units besides US & CA versions for North America. What we do know is that when we see allocation numbers they are broken into the different versions for each geographic region according to the 7 different Power Adaptors. I am not sure if anything else besides the Power Adaptors is different with these units.