DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disappointed in DJI Customer Support

bayfieldpilot

Reactions
Add me to the list of those who are disappointed with DJI Customer Support. I had to return my Mavic Pro to DJI after mine found its way into a local creek (pilot error). I had purchased the Care Refresh, so wasn't too, too concerned about having to pay the $79 to get it replaced. Contacted DJI support, completed all the necessary forms, etc., they sent me a UPS shipping label. Packaged it up, took it to UPS and off it went 'winging' its way to California.

It wasn't until a day later when I went to UPS to check the progress via the tracking number that I realized this return was going by UPS Ground. I'm thinking, ground shipping, Ohio to California...how long can that take?

Almost a week and half later, I found out how long ground shipping can take. But to be fair, apparently there was some train derailment between Ohio and California that caused additional delivery time.

DJI had the drone, were doing their inspection etc. I reached out to Customer Support and asked that when the time came for them to send me the replacement, could I pay them the difference between ground and air shipping. No problem they said, they'll put that note on my records and make sure to include that cost on the invoice.

Invoice came, I paid the $79. Probably should have called them then, but didn't. Next I get an email on 4/22 saying drone would be shipped within next 3 business days. Then I get an email on 4/26 saying drone has been tested and will be shipped in next 2 business days. Obviously the 4/22 email was quite truthful.

I call DJI Customer support today (4/27) asking to pay the difference between ground and air. I'm told no can do...once they send it to UPS, then it's a done deal. So I'm wondering if the trip from California to Ohio is going to take another 11 days?

Sign me 'Frustrated'.

Buying from DJI means you sign up for crappy service. That's why I service the drone myself.

Reactions: Rnl
Yea I had to send my P4P to Carson after having it for 5 weeks and I can say without a doubt DJI is the biggest pice of crap, pile-o-turd, big honkin crap company!! Their service department is a joke and the people that reply to the chats and emails are one level up from pond scum and that is giving pond scum a bad name....

Add me to the list of those who are disappointed with DJI Customer Support. I had to return my Mavic Pro to DJI after mine found its way into a local creek (pilot error). I had purchased the Care Refresh, so wasn't too, too concerned about having to pay the $79 to get it replaced. Contacted DJI support, completed all the necessary forms, etc., they sent me a UPS shipping label. Packaged it up, took it to UPS and off it went 'winging' its way to California.

It wasn't until a day later when I went to UPS to check the progress via the tracking number that I realized this return was going by UPS Ground. I'm thinking, ground shipping, Ohio to California...how long can that take?

Almost a week and half later, I found out how long ground shipping can take. But to be fair, apparently there was some train derailment between Ohio and California that caused additional delivery time.

DJI had the drone, were doing their inspection etc. I reached out to Customer Support and asked that when the time came for them to send me the replacement, could I pay them the difference between ground and air shipping. No problem they said, they'll put that note on my records and make sure to include that cost on the invoice.

Invoice came, I paid the $79. Probably should have called them then, but didn't. Next I get an email on 4/22 saying drone would be shipped within next 3 business days. Then I get an email on 4/26 saying drone has been tested and will be shipped in next 2 business days. Obviously the 4/22 email was quite truthful.

I call DJI Customer support today (4/27) asking to pay the difference between ground and air. I'm told no can do...once they send it to UPS, then it's a done deal. So I'm wondering if the trip from California to Ohio is going to take another 11 days?

Sign me 'Frustrated'.

I think you're being a little tough on the company. You can't blame them for using the cheapest shipping method. They replaced the drone pretty quickly once it was received & they have a lot of drones in for repair so its not surprising they overlooked your request to send it back by air. If you get a new drone back for $79 then I'd be pretty happy overall. Yes, it could have quicker but they didn't rip you off either.

Of course, if they send you back some second hand drone with problems then my opinion will change.

They do a good job of being reasonable on the repair costs, and I find it surprising they pay for shipping.....(with or without refresh...as I have one with and one without)....

However, what sucks is the delay once it gets there. Mine said it was delivered on the dock on Monday, and they say to give them 24 hours to check it in, but it was Monday a week later before they said it was checked in.... then it says to give them a a few days to assess, another week, etc.....mine has been in repair two weeks for a warranty item (fuzzy right side of camera) they just today said repair was complete.

Bottom line to me.....they are overwhelmed at the moment with damaged drones....

No bottom line is they suck, they don't care about customers, never answer emails and give you BS answers when you chat with them. Overwhelmed does not account for lack of customer service!

You've paid only $178 to fix a mistake that would have cost you $800.
Consider yourself lucky you can do that and understand why they're not paying for overnight shipping both ways.

People really want everything for nothing these days.

No... what we want when we pay $1300 for the drone and then hundreds more for all the gear is a freakin service company that doesn't have their head up their azz!!!!

Reactions: Rnl
No... what we want when we pay $1300 for the drone and then hundreds more for all the gear is a freakin service company that doesn't have their head up their azz!!!!
There's a simple solution to that - stop buying their stuff then they will have to work harder to make money.

I won't be doing that any time soon since the Mavic is by far the best for my uses on the market, however the sooner another company like Autel who seem to make a very nice drone in the X-Star catch up and give DJI some real competition the better. If I were buying a P4P type model tomorrow I'd give the X-Star very serious thought mainly because of DJIs awful service.

The mistake was the pilots not DJI, the Pilot paid a pittance for refresh care and gets a replacement for the one he crashed for the cost of refresh and still whines when its a couple of days late.
If i was DJI MD i'd put it out there to staff that all genuine product fault repairs get prioritised and pilot error repairs get done as fast as can be expected.
I dont see how anyone could argue that work ethic? You crashed it not DJI

Ummmmm NO!!! My P4P was a defect known to DJI and not a crash after having it for only 5 weeks! Then I had to deal with DJI piece of crap service!!! So before you comment on my post read the thread!!!

I think a number of replies have missed my point. I'm by no means upset with the cost of replacing my drone. Heck, that's why we buy the insurance, isn't it? I'm in no way's asking that DJI pay for the 'expensive' shipping. As a matter of fact, once I learned it was traveling by ground transport, I asked customer support if I could pay the difference (I'd have paid the full cost of air transport if that was necessary) when it came time to ship my Mavic back to me.

My point was that customer service told me they would add the cost of the air shipping to my invoice (see copy of their email below - my highlighting added). That was not done. Then they say in one email dated 4/22 the unit will be shipped within 3 business days (those business days would be 4/24, 4/25 or 4/26). I received another email 4/26 saying the unit had been tested and would be shipped within 2 business days (either 4/27 or 4/28). My issue with customer support is if they say they are going to ship within 3 days, ship within 3 days. If they knew they weren't going to be able to ship by 4/26, just say so.

I've not got a major problem with DJI, I just think they can sharpen up their performance on their Customer Support side of the shop.

Dear Rick,

Thank you for contacting DJI Support.

Apologies for the late response and for all the inconveniences that this may have caused you.

Rest assured that you will be notified thru email once the unit reached the facility. And as for the return shipment, we will add notes on your case regarding this request so that the facility will be notified and add this in your invoice.

Ummmmm NO!!! My P4P was a defect known to DJI and not a crash after having it for only 5 weeks! Then I had to deal with DJI piece of crap service!!! So before you comment on my post read the thread!!!

I was quoting your post regarding the Op's post nothing to do with your case!!! so read my reply again!!

Yea I had to send my P4P to Carson after having it for 5 weeks and I can say without a doubt DJI is the biggest pice of crap, pile-o-turd, big honkin crap company!! Their service department is a joke and the people that reply to the chats and emails are one level up from pond scum and that is giving pond scum a bad name....

C'mon man.. you really need to break free of your shyness... don't hold back..tell us how ya really feel. :D

Reactions: choo choo
I was quoting your post regarding the Op's post nothing to do with your case!!! so read my reply again!!
I did read it and you quoted me not the OP so thats why I jumped on ya.... nothing against you, DJI sucks and anyone that defends those POS low life scum are drinking the kool-aid

Sign me 'Frustrated'.
DJI has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any company I have ever dealt with , I also wrecked my mavic and had it sent to the repair station in grapevine texas. dji emailed the wrong ups lable and now my drone is being held hostage at the UPS center in dallas, texas, called many times to get this resolved BUT HAS SMOKE BLOWN UP MY *** BY A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NAMED CHRIS AT THE CALIFORNIA CENTER. PISSS POOR SREVICE DJI.

DJI has the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any company I have ever dealt with , I also wrecked my mavic and had it sent to the repair station in grapevine texas. dji emailed the wrong ups lable and now my drone is being held hostage at the UPS center in dallas, texas, called many times to get this resolved BUT HAS SMOKE BLOWN UP MY *** BY A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP NAMED CHRIS AT THE CALIFORNIA CENTER. PISSS POOR SREVICE DJI.

Welcome to the forum! Nice first post.

I suggest you make a thread about this. People may be able to help you and you'll get much more visibility than here.

I think there's going to be a lot of love or hate posts coming. It looks like DJI is contracting with local drone "dealers" to try and speed up the turnaround time while cutting shipping costs. I say that because I recently saw a job posting on indeed for my local area. They are advertising as an authorized DJI repair facility that is looking for people with mechanical aptitude and good soldering skills. I'm thinking about applying depending upon their pay scale. This is the growing pains of a fledgling industry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada