DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discharging batteries

Reactions
Other than flying the Mavic, is there any way to drain the batteries the night before a flight? I didn't plan very well and have four fully charged batteries than I need to run down to at least 60 percent. The charging hub for the phantom has this capability, but the Mavic does not as far as I can tell.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Other than flying the Mavic, is there any way to drain the batteries the night before a flight? I didn't plan very well and have four fully charged batteries than I need to run down to at least 60 percent. The charging hub for the phantom has this capability, but the Mavic does not as far as I can tell.

Depending on how many days you have set in the app they will self discharge to storage level after that period.

But it takes up to three days to discharge to 60 percent is my understanding using this method.

Correct. (1day if you set it at that) and a couple to discharge down to around 3.86v per cell.
No problem - your cells are not suddenly going to die on you since the longest they will be 100% charged is 24 hours and then they go into slow discharge.

No, there's a version specifically for the Mavic. They're all different cell counts...

Sorry to bring up such an old thread, but I have a silly question on the discharge setting.

Let's say I wanted to change it from the factory 10 days to 1 or 2 days.

Do I have to change this setting for each battery or will they all conform automagically to that setting upon the next start up?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54