DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnect after sitting too long?

courtney2018

Reactions
I was able to get 2 flights in today before it got too dark. I've had a lot of problems previously.

First it was difficult to upgrade firmware. That's done. Then I was getting disconnects during flights in the back yard, 5 feet altitude. I thought it may be the wire coming from the controller into my phone.

I have a Samsung S6 Edge +. It seemed that maybe the micro USB wasn't completely plugging into my phone. So this evening I removed the plastic "harness", if you can call it that, that secures the micro USB into the controller arm. I then plugged it into my phone and I thought it fully went into the phone. I flew twice never going above 6 feet in my back yard and never had a disconnect. Maybe that was it....but I still don't trust it.

So, to my question, I was connected and ready to fly and was just going through settings on the app exploring some and after a few minutes the aircraft disconnected. I wasn't flying. Mavic was sitting on the ground. Is this common? I had to turn the Mavic off and on again, but then I flew and didn't have any problems. Didn't know if maybe it had an auto disconnect to save battery while on or something.

Thanks,
Courtney

I was able to get 2 flights in today before it got too dark. I've had a lot of problems previously.

First it was difficult to upgrade firmware. That's done. Then I was getting disconnects during flights in the back yard, 5 feet altitude. I thought it may be the wire coming from the controller into my phone.

I have a Samsung S6 Edge +. It seemed that maybe the micro USB wasn't completely plugging into my phone. So this evening I removed the plastic "harness", if you can call it that, that secures the micro USB into the controller arm. I then plugged it into my phone and I thought it fully went into the phone. I flew twice never going above 6 feet in my back yard and never had a disconnect. Maybe that was it....but I still don't trust it.

So, to my question, I was connected and ready to fly and was just going through settings on the app exploring some and after a few minutes the aircraft disconnected. I wasn't flying. Mavic was sitting on the ground. Is this common? I had to turn the Mavic off and on again, but then I flew and didn't have any problems. Didn't know if maybe it had an auto disconnect to save battery while on or something.

Thanks,
Courtney
No auto disconnect, the cable may be worth exploring; what version of Android are you using? There have been issues with Nougat.
Regards,
-d.

Android should not be an issue. Try putting your phone in airplane mode or turning off WiFi and Bluetooth; the less your phone has to work the better. Any apps you can close...
Regards,
-d.

If the controller was saying not connected I doubt Android or the cable had much to do with it but a long period with no input is rare during a flight, it still shouldn't disconnect though.
Most of us have unexplained odd things happen which are fixed by restarting and don't recurr.
If it does it during flight it should RTH, but try turning the controller off and on - it should reconnect even if RTH started you should be able to cancel

I tried, in addition, putting my phone in Airplane Mode and flew 3 full batteries, so just over an hour of flying. I never had a disconnect. I still don't trust it, but it's getting better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya