DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnect

warlock 31

Reactions
I was flying my mavic today. And it disconnected for the first time ever. Freak me out pretty bad I had no control at all. I shut the controller off and started it back up again. Reconnected and it was fine. Then I landed it and took off again after checking some settings and it did it again this time it was over quite a bit farther away. It automatically return home which is fine. Could someone tell me what is causing this it has never done it before

i think the app, today for the first time I got disconnected too with the latest release, I am on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Nougat.
Not sure if the cause was a loose cable, had to unplug and replug plus restart the app

Was it the RC itself or the phone/ tablet that disconnected?
I think it was the RC itself. I've had the app crash before and I still had control over the air craft. The first time it was only about 40 feet away I was practicing Landings on my engine cover on my boat in the driveway. That's why it scared me so bad cuz I was not sure how close to the same spot. But it went off to the side and hovered

i think the app, today for the first time I got disconnected too with the latest release, I am on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Nougat.
Not sure if the cause was a loose cable, had to unplug and replug plus restart the app
I'm using a Galaxy S5

My mavic just disconnected and crashed. It is in a marsh area and I can't locate it. Help

My mavic just disconnected and crashed. It is in a marsh area and I can't locate it. Help
I have not used it yet but on DJI Go app go to the enter device page click up on the right hand corner and it says something like find device. That should narrow your search down quite a bit. But again I have not tried it yet

I had my mavic disconnect from the app yesterday as well!

The app did not crash, but it showed disconnected. I'm running it on an Apple Ipad mini 4 cellular. I tried closing the app and restarting it, as well as double checked the cable, and nada, the app would not connect with the drone.

Luckily it was not far away, and I still had RC control of it. I flew it back and landed it manually. After that I restarted the craft and ipad and was able to reconnect. I didn't get a chance to fly another pack to see if its a recurring issue. Prior to the DJI Go4 app update I had no issues.

I'm starting to see more reports of these issues since the app update.
I am so glad I didn't update. I haven't been forced to update either due to keeping my wifi turned off while running both the regular Go or Go 4.
Still running IOS version 4.07 on Go 4 and FW .0400.
My birds are all flying without one single issue or app crashes.
I will continue to fly on those versions for a while until DJI can produce a more stable App. That includes the Android version as well.

I had my mavic disconnect from the app yesterday as well!

The app did not crash, but it showed disconnected. I'm running it on an Apple Ipad mini 4 cellular. I tried closing the app and restarting it, as well as double checked the cable, and nada, the app would not connect with the drone.

Luckily it was not far away, and I still had RC control of it. I flew it back and landed it manually. After that I restarted the craft and ipad and was able to reconnect. I didn't get a chance to fly another pack to see if its a recurring issue. Prior to the DJI Go4 app update I had no issues.
I just took out the Mavic again today with the updated iOS version of DJI GO 4. I get to about 300ft away and the video feed disconnected. I returned home manually, powered everything off, checked the cable, back up and the same again. Brought it back and switched to Litchi with no issues. This has happen twice today. What a terrible app update, what kind of testing goes on before these apps are updated? Besides it being a pain in the b**t, it must be a safety issue also. I will stick with Litchi until an update comes.

After Saturday when my Matic disconnected twice. I flew yesterday and today no issues at all. I called DJI Tech he said it might have been Sun flares or something. He asked me about Powerline. I said I flew in the same place. Same power lines. He had no answer for that. Other than to upgrade firmware and reload the app. I said that's okay

i have been disconnected too many times even today... the new dji app 4 really sucks

I also had a App disconnected yesterday and today. I had this issue even using both RC lateral connection and the usb connection on the RC.

Wtf is happening????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo