DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected every time at startup

rickray

Reactions
Hi there, longtime Phantom flyer but new to Mavic.

Every time I connect my phone to the Mavic controller and go to DJI GO App, then start Phantom, I get the same Disconnected error. It just stays disconnected until I start unplugging and replugging it.

After several reconnects of the phone (by pulling it out of the holder and reconnecting) and sometimes a restart of the Mavic, it will finally connect and all is normal and flying will be fine. No disconnects in flights at all.

I'm attaching a shot of the situation. It's leading to long delays when trying to get off the ground.

Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 34
Are you using DJI GO 4 app? If not, I'd suggest you do...as that's the DJI's recommended app to use for Mavic.

same thing happening to me, I swapped out the cable and it went away, then this weekend it happened again, dunno what it could be.... and yes I only use goapp4...

Hi there, longtime Phantom flyer but new to Mavic.

Every time I connect my phone to the Mavic controller and go to DJI GO App, then start Phantom, I get the same Disconnected error. It just stays disconnected until I start unplugging and replugging it.

After several reconnects of the phone (by pulling it out of the holder and reconnecting) and sometimes a restart of the Mavic, it will finally connect and all is normal and flying will be fine. No disconnects in flights at all.

I'm attaching a shot of the situation. It's leading to long delays when trying to get off the ground.

Any suggestions?

1. First off it may be easier to disconnect at the RC end of the cable (not the phone end).

2. I've found the following sequence to be mostly reliable:

I. turn on RC
II. run DJI GO App
III. turn on MP

3. When I have the issue of the app remaining disconnected I not only reconnect the cable, but I also (in iOS) leave the DJI GO app and "eject it" (double tap, flick it away). I don't know if this can be done in Android. This is supposed to remove it from memory so that when it re-starts it has to re-initialize (settings are not lost).

Reactions: miamijato
goona try that sequence, I usually start mavic first....before app.....

1. First off it may be easier to disconnect at the RC end of the cable (not the phone end).

2. I've found the following sequence to be mostly reliable:

I. turn on RC
II. run DJI GO App
III. turn on MP

3. When I have the issue of the app remaining disconnected I not only reconnect the cable, but I also (in iOS) leave the DJI GO app and "eject it" (double tap, flick it away). I don't know if this can be done in Android. This is supposed to remove it from memory so that when it re-starts it has to re-initialize (settings are not lost).

I think you may be onto something here Alan. I may have forgotten to clear the previously open apps in the cache of my iPhone by swiping them way and it is opening that way. I will try clearing those completely next time and report back.

goona try that sequence, I usually start mavic first....before app.....

CW is that the MP should be "controlled" by the RC lest it do something rebellious before the MP is powered up. So MP is on after the RC (and IMO the App too).

Truth is, when you turn on the MP there is a time delay before the RC and MP complete their handshake - so any rebellious feelings could still manifest themselves.

I like to think the MP firmware is pretty firm about not spinning the motors w/o a valid command from the sole paired RC that belongs to it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000