DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Disconnected from my mavic

smokey55

Reactions
Disconnected from my mavic on djigo4 on iPad mini. I was 1500feet away and 770 feet high. I was lucky I ran up the hill and heard mavic and landed OK but what caused the disconnect any help please as this is worrying

I've heard the cable from the controller to the tablet that comes with it can cause that as they are low quality.

Disconnected from my mavic on djigo4 on iPad mini. I was 1500feet away and 770 feet high. I was lucky I ran up the hill and heard mavic and landed OK but what caused the disconnect any help please as this is worrying

Describe what disconnected, the iPad from the controller or the controller from the Mavic?

The iPad from the mavic. I still had rpm and mph on controller but nothing on iPad djigo4 just disconnected from drone. I tried rth on controller but nothing so I ran up hill and with my last know position of drone on iPad screen it showed me were I was as well I managed to land drone.

Sounds like the app crashed. With the controller still functioning, you can navigate home by turning the craft a little and flying forward - keeping an eye on your distance from home. Keep rotating it till the distance numbers start dropping, indicating that you are heading home. Otherwise, just restart the Go app or reboot your tablet and start the Go app. As long as the controller has a connection, you have complete control.

Reactions: elliot29
You may have too many processor-hungry apps running in the background. Kill other apps and put the tablet in airplane mode.

Djigo4 was the only app running but I will put it in airplane mode next time thanks

not to mention that if by 'ipad mini' you mean first generation ipad mini, then its quite possibly not powerful enough. My crappy smartphone is also not powerful enough, and constantly disconnects, so I fly by eye mostly.

not to mention that if by 'ipad mini' you mean first generation ipad mini, then its quite possibly not powerful enough. My crappy smartphone is also not powerful enough, and constantly disconnects, so I fly by eye mostly.
1st gen iPad Mini doesn't work.

Smokey, I would suggest to keep it close for the next couple of flights and go outward from there. It could have been a multitude of things like available ram to a voltage spike. Take the scientific approach and see if happens again and report back. You very well can be the first heard of app crash on an apple device.

My controller sometimes tells me ...aircraft disconnected.... Is this the same issue as discussed above. I have no idea why this happens . I can still control the aircraft but get the red warning top left. Not sure what to do.

When you tried to RTH on the controller, did you hold down the button or just press it?

If you've got flight info still on the controller display, you're still fully connected to the bird. Running up the hill was unnecessary.

RTH from the controller requires the button to be held for a few seconds to activate whereas RTH from the app is a simple tap.

Read your flight log to see if there is any warning message before getting the massage "aircraft disconnected". I had a similar incident yesterday. I did get a warning something related to the interference only second before GO4 showed "aircraft disconnected" and screen showed grayout

Read your flight log to see if there is any warning message before getting the massage "aircraft disconnected". I had a similar incident yesterday. I did get a warning something related to the interference only second before GO4 showed "aircraft disconnected" and screen showed grayout
But a greyed out screen on Go4 doesn't mean you're disconnected from controlling the aircraft, just that Go4 is receiving no data. With the handful of those incidents I've experienced, Go4 errors have zero impact on the flight log as the RC remains connected.

I updated software and had a good flight today no problems. I just pressed rth on controller will try long press next time. Cheers everyone for info

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929