DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DISCONNECTED MAVIC... found on a street couple minutes later...

Everyone, please take a look at the album I uploaded. It is the picture of the drone after it apparently fell 250 feet. If the battery disconnect during the flight doesn't the blades stop spinning? It really looks like the blades were at a very high RPM when it hit something.

Honestly, i dont think that shows much, i backed mine into a bush in atti mode, at a low speed (very low) and it killed 3 props instantly.

These are made to bend and break so they dont rip the motors to bits as well. The Mavic would have taken a tumble or two hitting the ground and bouncing a bit the props turn freely with motors off, So yes at 250 feet coming down that damage would be normnal.

if you watch the video on another thread where the guy cuts the motors mid flight and restarts them again, you will see how it turned on its side on the way down. If it had carried on going i think the damage would have been similar in that yours seemed to hit the deck leg first or even side on, Same as what his would have done had he not restarted the motors.

@Geltez, do you still have your Mavic, or did you send it back to DJI? Reading back through this thread, it appears nobody actually pointed you to instructions to retrieve the .dat files from your Mavic. If you still have it, and haven't yet pulled the .dat files, please do. It could help us find out if there's some kind of common denominator with the Mavics that seem to have fallen out of the sky. How to retrieve a .DAT

And would you also mind posting the serial number of your Mavic? Or the date of manufacture (found here: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder)

Last edited:
@Geltez, do you still have your Mavic, or did you send it back to DJI? Reading back through this thread, it appears nobody actually pointed you to instructions to retrieve the .dat files from your Mavic. If you still have it, and haven't yet pulled the .dat files, please do. It could help us find out if there's some kind of common denominator with the Mavics that seem to have fallen out of the sky. How to retrieve a .DAT

And would you also mind posting the serial number of your Mavic? Or the date of manufacture (found here: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder)
Unfortunately, I sent it in. I didn't want to wait and figure it out myself because that wouldn't do me any good. Like I said, I will keep this thread updated when I hear back from DJI. They should "receive" it today.

Unfortunately, I sent it in. I didn't want to wait and figure it out myself because that wouldn't do me any good. Like I said, I will keep this thread updated when I hear back from DJI. They should "receive" it today.
That's a pity. We may have been able to learn something from the data. What about the build date, at least? I think Airdata shows you the serial number of your drone.

It was manufactured Saturday, March, 25th 2017
Thanks! That's very interesting... Two of the Mavics that seem to have suffered the same fate were manufactured on March 24, and another one on March 13.

Thanks! That's very interesting... Two of the Mavics that seem to have suffered the same fate were manufactured on March 24, and another one on March 13.
I wonder if there is any correlation.

I wonder if there is any correlation.
Of the several "Mavic dropped from the sky" threads in the past few weeks, I've seen 5 users post the build date of their Mavics:

March 7
March 13
March 24
March 24
March 25

Reactions: mtnrider16
Of the several "Mavic dropped from the sky" threads in the past few weeks, I've seen 5 users post the build date of their Mavics:

March 7
March 13
March 24
March 24
March 25
Are there any updates on what DJI said about their drone for repair? I sent mine and they marked it as received yesterday.

Are there any updates on what DJI said about their drone for repair? I sent mine and they marked it as received yesterday.
I think I've seen 2 cases where DJI has agreed to a free warranty replacement, although I don't think the owners have received the replacements, yet.

As far as the other cases go, I haven't seen status updates, so I don't know whether DJI has denied those claims or not.

I think I've seen 2 cases where DJI has agreed to a free warranty replacement, although I don't think the owners have received the replacements, yet.

As far as the other cases go, I haven't seen status updates, so I don't know whether DJI has denied those claims or not.
Ok well that makes me feel slightly relieved, but I still don't know my fate! They are assessing the damage so as posted earlier, I will update once I receive an answer.

Reactions: JLane
I've been notified that they have assessed the damage but they need to send an "invoice". I guess a couple more days?

Hey everyone, here is an update. DJI send me an invoice stating that this is under warranty through their flight analysis! I am completely relieved because I was uncertain of my fate! My question to everyone is if it is a defect shouldn't they send a new drone?

March 7
March 13
March 24
March 24
March 25

Ugh my new Mavic gets here tomorrow and now of course I'm worried that it is probably MFG after 3/7 and might drop from the sky.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada