DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Discover Smoky Mountains

beatnik

Reactions
I filmed this over three days in TN in november. Everything is Mavic Pro's camera except the timelapses and one creek shot which were shot with a 7D. I did a few handhelds and pans using the gimbal. Posted with PPro CC. DeWolfe Music. 4K in youtube has to be selected and of course you'll need a 4K monitor , Ha!

I notice the camera is challenged by high contrast scenes like the sunrise. The shadows are lost when sky is exposed, or visa versa sky is blown out when shadows are exposed as with many prosumer cams. Also I think there is more compression in 4K than with P3P? I Notice this with fine detail like trees, which resolves as soft sort of blur. Camera produces quite a bit of noise at higher ISO values so keep that in mind shooting sunset/rise times. But in it's low ISO like 100, 60 shutter, it resolves a great picture with ample daylight.

Last edited:
I filmed this over three days in TN in november. Everything is Mavic Pro's camera except the timelapses and one creek shot which were shot with a 7D. I did a few handhelds and pans using the gimbal. Posted with PPro CC. DeWolfe Music. 4K in youtube has to be selected and of course you'll need a 4K monitor , Ha!

I notice the camera is challenged by high contrast scenes like the sunrise. The shadows are lost when sky is exposed, or visa versa sky is blown out when shadows are exposed as with many prosumer cams. Also I think there is more compression in 4K than with P3P? I Notice this with fine detail like trees, which resolves as soft sort of blur. Camera produces quite a bit of noise at higher ISO values so keep that in mind shooting sunset/rise times. But in it's low ISO like 100, 60 shutter, it resolves a great picture with ample daylight.

Awe-inspiring !! Thanks for sharing !!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000