DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Display Phone Screen on Laptop

Reactions
This might be impossible or maybe not but I just had this idea. What if somehow we could view our drones camera from a laptop with a big HD screen? is this possible with some sort of trick?

This might be impossible or maybe not but I just had this idea. What if somehow we could view our drones camera from a laptop with a big HD screen? is this possible with some sort of trick?

You can connect a large tablet via USB to your remote. Of if your tablet is like mine (nvidia shield k1) it has a HDMI out port on it. That I can connect anything with an HDMI in on.

The easiest way if you have an iPhone is to use AirPlay to mirror your phone or tablet to a Mac or PC. You will need to download an "AirPlay receiver" application for your mac or pc desktop. You could also AirPlay to an Apple TV connected to a big flat screen if you wanted. If you have an Android tablet with HDMI out (I think the nvidea shield has one), then you can just plug into a second monitor (or laptop) using an hdmi cable. There are other android solutions similar to Apple's AirPlay if you want to keep it wireless.

I'm going to test an HDMI dongle that supposedly works with AirPlay and other similar services. I'm going to try to use it to mirror my iPhone on a super bright outdoor monitor I have. There are mixed reviews on the dongle, but if it works, I'll post back here.

I'm going to test an HDMI dongle that supposedly works with AirPlay and other similar services. I'm going to try to use it to mirror my iPhone on a super bright outdoor monitor I have. There are mixed reviews on the dongle, but if it works, I'll post back here.
It worked. Only did a couple tests, but it seemed fine.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01DLFQYC8/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works by creating its own wifi network which you join on your iPhone, iPad (AirPlay) or Android device (anything that supports mirrorcast).

Once you put it into "AirPlay mode" by clicking one button, then you connect to its wifi, then swipe up on your phone and start AirPlay mirroring.

The catch is that the dongle itself needs power, which it gets through USB. So for this to work in the field, you'd need a USB power pack, plus the dongle, plus an HDMI display of some kind.

I don't see myself using it much for the Mavic, but it will be great for the m600 which is massive and always involves carrying a ton of stuff with you.

My wife would like to set up a laptop (windows 10) on a table on the deck to view the drone camera. The preference is to be untethered. Can the display on my tablet connected to the remote be echoed to the laptop? Bluetooth?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54