DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Distance Flying and getting jerky video.

Mikewilltakeyouto

Reactions
I flew from my house slightly into a valley, as my house is ontop of a hill i decided to only fly 5 meters above my take off point, after flying 1200 meters away, i was trying to record video, the video seemed to have a lot of jerky movements, as i thought it was just the connection with the remote i continued recording and got to 1500meters, it got worse but was still bearable.

after returning home, i reviewed my 4K footage on my macbook pro 2012. Nearly all the footage was jerky and gave an impression like it wasnt loading.

does anyone know what this is?

I understood that the Mavic films directly onto the SD Card, i expected that the footage would be jerky as the remote is quite a far distance away, but not the SD Card....confusing.

thanks!

@Mikewilltakeyouto

It's most likely because your video card cannot process the video fast enough. I had the same problem, and since I don't want to buy a new Mac right now, I switched to 2.7K and it plays OK on my old iMac. Give it a try.
PS - It's very common to get broken video signal on your tablet file your shooting video far away and your HD signal is lower, but that will have no affect on what the Mavic is recording on the card.

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
It's most likely because your video card cannot process the video fast enough. I had the same problem, and since I don't want to buy a new Mac right now, I switched to 2.7K and it plays OK on my old iMac. Give it a try.

Right, but it only starts to be jerky when I fly far away, even on the recording remote; when I fly near by the footage is fine?

Right, but it only starts to be jerky when I fly far away, even on the recording remote; when I fly near by the footage is fine?
It's very common to get broken video signal on your tablet file your shooting video far away and your HD signal is lower, but that will have no affect on what the Mavic is recording on the card.

It's very common to get broken video signal on your tablet file your shooting video far away and your HD signal is lower, but that will have no affect on what the Mavic is recording on the card.
thats what i thought but its jerky even afterwards

Hmmm, are you positioning your antennas up? By VIDEO CARD I was referring to your computer you're playing the video on.

Hmmm, are you positioning your antennas up? By VIDEO CARD I was referring to your computer you're playing the video on.
yeah i understood that, but as i said not all the footage is jerky, i film the same day, some close up footage is fine compared to the footage far away is jerky as. yup antennas were up and there was nothing blocking me and the drone in the 1500 meter gap

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98