DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DIY cheap, quick, portable landing pad

Robert Mitchell

Reactions
20170106_192127.jpg Take one of these, available in packs from Lowes or Walmart

20170106_192542.jpg Cut it into quarters, down the middle.

20170106_192657.jpg Flip the edges in and lock.20170106_192746.jpg

20170106_192805.jpg Flip it over and spray paint as desired. I just used masking tape and a can lid.

20170106_192312.jpg When dry, unlock, stack and wrap with a couple of velcro straps. Makes a 1 foot square.

Easy to transport, light, and easy to snap together to fly.

Wow how smart are you!! Very cool idea. I hope i can find this thing at my local Lowes too.
What exactly is that? What section of the store will i find it in? How much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

3e193b4ea6247a8b95a917e65c723468.jpg

Reactions: wali and JHAres
Wow how smart are you!! Very cool idea. I hope i can find this thing at my local Lowes too.
What exactly is that? What section of the store will i find it in? How much did it cost?
It's an interlocking floor mat, comes in packs of 6 or 8 for less than $20. Can't remember which department.

You can get a 4 pack of these foam floor tiles for $8.99 at Harbor Freight

Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set 4 Pc

Or From Walmart in multiple colors for $15.99

Norsk 240147 Interlocking Multi-Purpose Foam Floor Mats, 16-Square Feet, Solid Multi-Color, 4-Pack - Walmart.com

Very nice....I came up with two cheap alternatives myself. One is made from sheet rock and was 5 dollar. The other is an oil pan I think....that was 10 dollars. I got them both at Home Depot and they both work well. The pan is nice because it has a lip on it so protects it from anything on the ground like snow. Also works well if you flip it upside down to give you a higher landing area.

Both are about 2 feet by 2 feet so plenty of landing room for the Mavic. The reason I went with these is because of weight...in high winds neither of them is moving.

View media item 240

Very nice....I came up with two cheap alternatives myself. One is made from sheet rock and was 5 dollar. The other is an oil pan I think....that was 10 dollars. I got them both at Home Depot and they both work well. The pan is nice because it has a lip on it so protects it from anything on the ground like snow. Also works well if you flip it upside down to give you a higher landing area.

Both are about 2 feet by 2 feet so plenty of landing room for the Mavic. The reason I went with these is because of weight...in high winds neither of them is moving.

View media item 240
neither are very portable but definitely do the trick if you don't mind lugging them around with you.

Well, I consider them portable since I can throw them in my trunk. They were more designed with I flew my P3S.

I was flying a coupe weeks back with some friends who have Mavic's and FPV drones. One guy used a cutting board as a landing pad. I managed to land my P3S in heavy winds on that cutting board.

neither are very portable but definitely do the trick if you don't mind lugging them around with you.

A nylon auto window shade would work also, similar to the photo lighting reflector in reply #7.

Reactions: wali
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes