DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 Flight Data Viewer - HOW?

noka

Reactions
Con somebody explain how this works? I can obtain my *dat files under "Data Upload" - I can open a *.dat file in the Flight Data Viewer, but nothing happens, nothing is shown. No manual either.

upload_2017-3-8_18-59-27.png

Look for another .exe in the same folder where Assistant resides (I think it's called Viewer). That can display the data in the .dat files.

What is the purpose of Assistant? Is it the new and only way to update?

Last edited:
But how do you get them into and display in the viewer?

Jack
What is the purpose of Assistant? Is it the new and only way to update?
You use it to update firmware, yes, but you the other main purpose is if you crash, or have some type of issue and you wish to log it with support, they will need your dat files.

Reactions: sonof40
Look for another .exe in the same folder where Assistant resides (I think it's called Viewer). That can display the data in the .dat files.

This is exactly my question: I do have the DAT file, I can open the Viewer, I can "open" the DAT file in the viewer (it clearly looks as if it is loading data) - BUT nothing is displayed and I do not see any data. Any ideas? I might also go to the DJI forum and see if Ken or another person could be of help...

This is exactly my question: I do have the DAT file, I can open the Viewer, I can "open" the DAT file in the viewer (it clearly looks as if it is loading data) - BUT nothing is displayed and I do not see any data. Any ideas? I might also go to the DJI forum and see if Ken or another person could be of help...

Same here

Jack

After the .DAT is loaded do you guys see a window that looks like this?
upload_2017-3-9_10-53-40.png

Yes, but only in the Viewer bundled with Assistant 1.1.0. The one in 1.0.9 does nothing, that's probably what they're on about.

I don't and I am on 1.10 as well.
Just to be clear. This .DAT comes from the Mavic itself, not the tablet or RC? If so, then you could try reading it into CsvView (download and install from here). If CsvView chokes then could you Dropbox it and post a link?

I have googled all morning an still cannot get my hands on a .dat file from any of my flights. I called DJI support and she was totally clueless and answered my question with 10 different answers. I cannot get my hands on a .dat file from my Mavic. My Mavc is plugged in to my laptop via USB and I'm also connected via the remote and the DJI GO 4 app. Based on what I read I should able able to see flight logs in the Flight Data section of DJI Assistant 2. I see nothing; only a button to "Open Data Viewer". Data Viewer is useless to me without a .dat file. On a side note the controller reads FC U-DISK which supposedly means the flight data is being read. I'm confused and frustrated at this point which explains why I'm here.

upload_2017-8-28_13-4-9.png

I have googled all morning an still cannot get my hands on a .dat file from any of my flights. I called DJI support and she was totally clueless and answered my question with 10 different answers. I cannot get my hands on a .dat file from my Mavic. My Mavc is plugged in to my laptop via USB and I'm also connected via the remote and the DJI GO 4 app. Based on what I read I should able able to see flight logs in the Flight Data section of DJI Assistant 2. I see nothing; only a button to "Open Data Viewer". Data Viewer is useless to me without a .dat file. On a side note the controller reads FC U-DISK which supposedly means the flight data is being read. I'm confused and frustrated at this point which explains why I'm here.

View attachment 20711
I'll bet you're on FW 0.1000. If so, check out
Access Flight Data after firmaware up data to v01.03.1000

They way I finally ended up doing it was opening iTunes going to File Sharing for the DJI GO 4 app and going to the FlightRecords folder and saving files to my hard drive.

They way I finally ended up doing it was opening iTunes going to File Sharing for the DJI GO 4 app and going to the FlightRecords folder and saving files to my hard drive.
Are those the .dat (lower case) files? They are the real .DAT files that can only be found on the Mavic itself.

These are the type of files I was able to grab from there. The screenshots are from Dropbox where I uploaded them to.

Attachments

• IMG_4808.PNG
    IMG_4808.PNG
    147.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4809.PNG
    IMG_4809.PNG
    161.1 KB · Views: 39
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads