DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Assistant 2 installation on Sierra (Apple)

Reactions
After having search on the forum, I dont find an answer to this specific question:
I can't install DJI Assistant on Sierra (v.10.12.2)

Install went correctly without any message error.
During install it wast asked to install HorNDIS

Then I re-started the computer as asked by a message from the install

After restart, no way to find DJI ASSISTANT back nor in Application folder nor in any other folder.....

What do I do wrong? Has anybody had the same problem?

Found finally the solution!

I find this completely out of computing spirit! DJI changes the app name. Everywhere they are speaking about DJI ASSISTANT 2 and at the installed app is called ASSITANT.

As silly as that you die! In spite of everything ... On this side, DJI has seriously to learn ..... And I also, because I was searching for an app with DJI as prefix ... But DIJI again, in Application support, their reference file both start by DJI ..... in "Caches", it is also DJ Assistant2 and to top it I have an application called ASSISTANT. Fortunately it in the folder "Utility". But there are many soft called like that!

Reactions: bb0bbby
Found finally the solution!

I find this completely out of computing spirit! DJI changes the app name. Everywhere they are speaking about DJI ASSISTANT 2 and at the installed app is called ASSITANT.

As silly as that you die! In spite of everything ... On this side, DJI has seriously to learn ..... And I also, because I was searching for an app with DJI as prefix ... But DIJI again, in Application support, their reference file both start by DJI ..... in "Caches", it is also DJ Assistant2 and to top it I have an application called ASSISTANT. Fortunately it in the folder "Utility". But there are many soft called like that!
Thanks for updating this. I was just tearing my hair out too tryinh to figure out why it seemingly hadn't installed. But it's there under "ASSISTANT"

After having search on the forum, I dont find an answer to this specific question:
I can't install DJI Assistant on Sierra (v.10.12.2)

Install went correctly without any message error.
During install it wast asked to install HorNDIS

Then I re-started the computer as asked by a message from the install

After restart, no way to find DJI ASSISTANT back nor in Application folder nor in any other folder.....

What do I do wrong? Has anybody had the same problem?
1st, you need to go to preferences and allow access to a file from unknown sources in the security icon. You needed to install HorNDIS...Did you? If you still have difficulty, call Apple support 800 275 2273

Thanks to you Skyler King III, my question has been solved since a certain time... The problem was ridiculous! I was searching in the folder "Application" after an app named "DJI Assistant" I didn't found it even when searching with "EasyFind" because I was looking to some app starting by "DJI" In fact, I had to look after "Assistant"!!!
I find bad that every where pub and instal process the app is named "DJI Assistant" but within the folders the name is trunked.

Thanks to you Skyler King III, my question has been solved since a certain time... The problem was ridiculous! I was searching in the folder "Application" after an app named "DJI Assistant" I didn't found it even when searching with "EasyFind" because I was looking to some app starting by "DJI" In fact, I had to look after "Assistant"!!!
I find bad that every where pub and instal process the app is named "DJI Assistant" but within the folders the name is trunked.

You can change the name if you want or create a folder that is called; DJI Assisant 2 if that helps you. Pretty simple.

Thanks I know this, I can even create an alias of I would like to.
My point was more about the fact that nowhere nor in DJI info nor during install, the correct app name is used.
Thus it has been difficult to find it back in the app folder (many soft do have some file named Assistant as well)! I xwould have found that The nam should be ... let say .... more recognisable. That's all folk's
Thanks to you
Michel

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag